APR stage 1

Lewisc99

Reaction score
So when I put my car in to be remapped I had a full tank of tesco momentum 99ron. The previous tank was 95 Ron and the dyno showed to be on the low side 354bhp , the tuner advised there was a7 degrees of ignition something which each degree will basically go away when I refuel overtime and is worth 5bhp each I’m not sure about this and a bit lost any help appreciated :)

Ignition advance. He probably means you dont have proper 99 ron yet because you filled up with some 95 ron still present in the tank, thus diluting it somewhat, and the ECU will be pulling the timing back a little as a result (a bit less power). Best thing to do is run your current tank down to as empty as possible then completely refill again with 99, giving you more or less 99 ron fuel (only a tiny bit of dilution). The ECU will adapt the ignition advance over time to better suit the higher ron fuel and that should give you a bit more power and torque. Alternatively, buy a bottle of octane booster and put that in the tank as a one off.