Apr stage 1

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
My S3 was running a custom map from Avon tuning. It also had an R600 intake, forge turbo pipe and cts elbow. The car made 360bhp and 365ft-lbs in torque. I was pretty happy with that and the car drove well.
I’ve since decided to go stage 2 and spoke to them about this, the figures they were quoting where only fractionally more than I had. For the outlay on hardware I’d need it was just wasn’t worth it. So I spoke to Apr and as they had a 25% off if you change tuners I went with them. As I have to wait for the hardware to arrive at the end of the month i needed to go stage 1 to get the 25% discount before the offer ended. To say I’m impressed with this map is an understatement, the car pulls so well now with no real sign of power dropping off. Its smooth and there is very little lag. I literally can’t wait to fit the forge FMIC and scorpion de-cat and go stage 2.. these thing are just ridiculous for a 2.0ltr.

Reactions: KevS3- and Leevr
Yes mate, gave it a good 500 miles to bed in, no juddering and totally stock feel other than a slight increase in pedal weight. My wife drives it and has no complaints. I spoke to a few Apr stage 2 high torque Golf r guys about the organic clutch and they’ve had no problems at all.

Go apr! I'm stage 1 to you had it on the rollers yet?
No point mate as at the end of the month ill be going stage 2 hight torque. Really impressed with the stage 1 though.

Reactions: MikeParkin