APR stage 1

Pazzer

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone here running this on their car? Got it done yesterday on my s3, I can feel a little difference but maybe not as big as I’d have hoped.

Dan

The APR map is one of the better off the shelf maps. Maybe your car was already mapped?

Originally, I had a bluefin nap on my S3 and you could tell a difference. Not night and day but definitely felt quicker.
Then I transferred to APR stage 1+ which included an uprated fuel pump. There was a definite difference as the pump allows greater mid range torque which you will feel as acceleration.
Have a think about that as your APR company should be able to reflash for free or maybe a small charge if you uprate the pump.
Trouble is then you may want to try stage 2+ which involves a downpipe and an induction kit. It is a slippery slope! However, you should notice a difference between standard and stage 1. You may find that the power comes in a bit later than you are used to and so you need to rev it more and then bingo!

Reactions: Pazzer
APR user here! its a massive difference.
have you scanned your car? probably you have a boost leak and thats why you cant feel much difference.

I'm running apr stage 1. The car made 280 bhp in standard form with a revo intake and made 326bhp makes a huge difference. Is your car dsg or manuel ?

APR user here! its a massive difference.
have you scanned your car? probably you have a boost leak and thats why you cant feel much difference.
No I haven’t yet, the guy said it’s running well now, but there was no dyno where I got it done.

I'm running apr stage 1. The car made 280 bhp in standard form with a revo intake and made 326bhp makes a huge difference. Is your car dsg or manuel ?
It’s a manual

No I haven’t yet, the guy said it’s running well now, but there was no dyno where I got it done.
The guy scanned it, said there was an emissions fault but then that disappeared so I don’t think there’s a boost leak.

Well I’ve driven it a bit more and I can definitely feel a difference now, car is rapid!

Reactions: fernando young
Driving with the ESP button turned off makes quite a big difference. Since properly playing around with it last year, I now only ever leave it on if it's really wet, otherwise it is always off in the dry and snow.

Driving with the ESP button turned off makes quite a big difference. Since properly playing around with it last year, I now only ever leave it on if it's really wet, otherwise it is always off in the dry and snow.
Sounds good, have you done any handling mods?

Sounds good, have you done any handling mods?

I had AP coilovers as well as new OEM top mounts and bearings fitted just over a month ago, dropped about 10mm at the back and 30mm at the front so it now sits level and lower with hardly any thigh gap left, but not that it looks stupid or is impractical in anyway. They're a tad harsher compared to stock but are in no way uncomfortable whatsoever, perfect for fast road use. They made more of a difference then I thought they would to be fair, blasting round corners at unrealistic mph is good fun!

When funds arise, I'll be going for H&R ARB's front and back as everyone says they make a huge difference, I will also get the SuperPro ALK at some point as well.

One thing worth a mention is tyres, the Michelin PS4 and PSS are both absolutely fantastic all-round tyres and are definitely a very worthwhile upgrade, they stick to the road like glue in the wet & dry!

Reactions: S3Alex
I had AP coilovers as well as new OEM top mounts and bearings fitted just over a month ago, dropped about 10mm at the back and 30mm at the front so it now sits level and lower with hardly any thigh gap left, but not that it looks stupid or is impractical in anyway. They're a tad harsher compared to stock but are in no way uncomfortable whatsoever, perfect for fast road use. They made more of a difference then I thought they would to be fair, blasting round corners at unrealistic mph is good fun!

When funds arise, I'll be going for H&R ARB's front and back as everyone says they make a huge difference, I will also get the SuperPro ALK at some point as well.

One thing worth a mention is tyres, the Michelin PS4 and PSS are both absolutely fantastic all-round tyres and are definitely a very worthwhile upgrade, they stick to the road like glue in the wet & dry!
Nice, sounds good!