apr stage 1

mike price

Reaction score
hey guys, what gains should i see with this on my s3, maybe with the apr intake too.

+87 HP @ 4,050 RPM +114 TQ @ 3,800 RPM

quoted from their site.

Have you considered a DTUK FSR+ ?

you won't see 380 they are talking bubble with their quotes! think from memory i got 355 when i got my stage1 put on and only got 373 then 380 second time on awesomes rollers.

When i was at awesome there was a guy there having stage 1 and only got 345 so their figure are optimistic imo.

Reactions: xpoweruk
stage 1

Reactions: Rob2k68
Unicorns rollers revo and Apr over laid

Yes it is but the revo car is faster on the road mine was no competition for it pulls a lot stronger

+87 HP @ 4,050 RPM +114 TQ @ 3,800 RPM

quoted from their site.

Have you considered a DTUK FSR+ ?

Where do you see those figures? Looking at www.goapr.co.uk I see this, which is different from above:

Stage 1 95 RON - +57 HP @ 3,700 RPM +83 TQ @ 3,500 RPM
Stage 2 98 RON - +74 HP @ 4,100 RPM +98 TQ @ 3,800 RPM

Is this more realistic?

you won't see 380 they are talking bubble with their quotes! think from memory i got 355 when i got my stage1 put on and only got 373 then 380 second time on awesomes rollers.

When i was at awesome there was a guy there having stage 1 and only got 345 so their figure are optimistic imo.
Yes you will.

Reactions: RO65ERS
does it matter what the dyno figures say?
so long as the *** on seat dyno says there is a difference and you're happy with it, there is a difference!

I've seen numerous peoples maps, duty boxes and dyno graphs, they all vary from 350 to 380 hp with torque going to 400ftlb.

I don't know what I'm pushing with my DTUK box, but my *** and my smile certainly tells me there is a difference.

Reactions: mike price
sorry on i phone couldn't soom in, Think i have just got to the stage where i don't trust the rr figures anymore!

i would like to get mine done somewhere that doesn't have a dog in the fight.
the lad who was at awesome made 345 with just a filter and st1 map, that would mean the intake is giving him 35bhp
asuming that he was stock apart from the intake when that was done.

sorry on i phone couldn't soom in, Think i have just got to the stage where i don't trust the rr figures anymore!

the lad who was at awesome made 345 with just a filter and st1 map, that would mean the intake is giving him 35bhp

i don't think intakes give double figure gains, single figures, yeah sure, i think their only benefit is to make things smoother and more responsive.
if i had a map and it only gained 35hp, i wouldn't be happy, BUT the TD1 has been flagged, and its better than nothing, so what can you do about it.
they do state, that its "upto" so from 1 to 87hp and they have provided a product, fit to description.

its annoying really.

again, refer back to the *** on seat dyno.

With a vw r600 intake my car made approx 10 - 11 hp more
With the r600 & Apr stg1 my car made 380 hp & 406 ft lbs
It's currently on Apr stg2

Reactions: 73pop
. The car drives well pulls well to, its just a bit poo that i think they fudge the figures just so people don't get to ****** off when they spend 4k on mods and get no where their claims, which is why i sad i would like to try some independent rollers.

mine and shorties cars made similar figures at awsoume but mine made 24 less than him at unicorn which is what map he is running.

i think rolling roads are like the lotto!!
Yes, every dyno will be slightly different, recently I've used two different ones and had similar results, 391.1 on apr's rollers and 388 on Revo rollers both for stg 2

another one on the revo roller showed moe ft lbs and less hp

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    780.1 KB · Views: 164
we all know about the dyno lottery.

this is why i keep saying about the *** dyno. its the only way to tell, if you're happy with your gains.

i do like before and after rolling road, back to back, same rollers, it shows the gain between mods / maps. i.e roll 300 then roll 380 after a map, you have made 80hp gain on that roller.
but another roller may read it as 295 and 366...example.

we all know about the dyno lottery.

this is why i keep saying about the *** dyno. its the only way to tell, if you're happy with your gains.

i do like before and after rolling road, back to back, same rollers, it shows the gain between mods / maps. i.e roll 300 then roll 380 after a map, you have made 80hp gain on that roller.
but another roller may read it as 295 and 366...example.
*** dyno?

think shorty might be right best way to see your gaines is with a vbox.

i was going to build up to the tte 525 but thats not happening now, so it will just be intake pipe,fmic with pipes and blow off so should see around the 390 mark then i think.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly
Also be aware that Apr do a high output map aswell as a low torque version

Reactions: 73pop
i asked them and they said i had the high output on,

Are we due for an update over here usa seem to have had 2 updates

i asked them and they said i had the high output on,

Are we due for an update over here usa seem to have had 2 updates
Yes I'm sure I read about an update on Apr llc, I'm calling them on Tuesday to find out

lol

mine is pretty accurate, since fitting my dtuk box. Yup, certainly has more power. :D
I had my car dyno'd with the DTUK box In all different settings and found 1+2 & 1 +3 gave the best dyno readings, however on the road 2 +2 also felt good

I had my car dyno'd with the DTUK box In all different settings and found 1+2 & 1 +3 gave the best dyno readings, however on the road 2 +2 also felt good

I'm running 1+3, if you don't mind me asking, what did it dyno on those settings?

map 2, feels great on the road and id agree that 2+2 drives very well. I just prefer the aggressiveness of 1+2/+3. if i wanted it toned down a little, map 2 would be my weapon of choice.