APR, Stage 1 (FL RS3) does 10.74 quarter

I suspect the price will be cost prohibitive for the small gains it’s likely to give.

You could be spending £750/£1k on that part which will give you 5-10hp more.

That’s the kind of thing I’d be looking to upgrade when going for max power in a Stage 3 build.

Reactions: NevMan, Callum66 and Deep penetrator
That’s highly possible & I’ve been there before. Stage 2 will come first then see how it goes with Dave’s TTE625. This may be the time to consider the APR inlet.

I’ve seen a car claiming 530bhp somewhere on the Internet on a stage 2 tune from mrc. Don’t know if that’s normal or race fuel though.

Oh okay, haven’t seen that. Knowing APR it will probably cost about £1k then :blink:

Edit, take it you’re on about this?...

Yup that’s exactly what I’m talking about. If it’s anywhere near £1k I’ll definitely be giving it a miss lol

I’ve seen a car claiming 530bhp somewhere on the Internet on a stage 2 tune from mrc. Don’t know if that’s normal or race fuel though.

Well hard to say, won’t be on 99. Billy and Daves are topping out at around 510-515 (505-510bhp) at MRC. Daves has recorded 556ps (548bhp) on 109 octane.

So 530 is somewhere in the middle of those.

In fairness, I do think 530 (thereabouts) will be the figure that we eventually end up at with 99 octane. It’s still early days and tuners will find some more here and there. 530 may just be an estimation by some who haven’t been to the dyno or back to the dyno (if adding additional parts post remap)

Well hard to say, won’t be on 99. Billy and Daves are topping out at around 510-515 (505-510bhp) at MRC. Daves has recorded 556ps (548bhp) on 109 octane.

So 530 is somewhere in the middle of those.

In fairness, I do think 530 (thereabouts) will be the figure that we eventually end up at with 99 octane. It’s still early days and tuners will find some more here and there. 530 may just be an estimation by some who haven’t been to the dyno or back to the dyno (if adding additional parts post remap)
Is it perhaps fair to say that while the FL is tuning up well, that it is not tuning up quite as well as we had initially thought it would?

My thinking is that it tunes broadly similar to the PFL for example, which was typically dyno'ing at 370-380ps (some a bit more) and stage 1 and 2 was typically giving 430/450ps and a stack of torque, not dissimilar gains in % terms. Of course, I appreciate it's about more than peak numbers, but it seems the numbers coming out so far are ever so slightly disappointing.

Reactions: Marshy
I think it's fantastic "if" you have access to E85 fuel at reasonable price. Especially USA/ Aust where typically our fuel isn't as good as in Europe.

The prices pretty hefty for stage 1 tune though. If it was me I'd be happy with a stage 2 car making 500+hp on pump fuel as MRC etc get. I'd assume that APR/Revo would be around the same. Clearly the big selling point for APR is the E85 tune and I think that's the choice everyone will make if they have access to E85. I've seen custom tuners here get 25awkw gain putting in upgraded DP. That took car to 290AWKW and would need upgraded IC for 300 which they were doing next.

I was at my local APR dealer yesterday and he had put E85 tune on one car and then dyno tested at 330-340KW at wheels. The owner did a 0-100km/h test and got 3.1. They already have upgraded intake and IC to install and then retest.

Posted on the Revo Map thread:

penetrator said:
Results are in gents....

482bhp and 615nm could add 10bhp for ambient temp they said but on the day it is what it is.

Graph will be up later as I’m just in the waiting room. I’m very happy with that.

Reactions: Deep penetrator and Phil3
For me it's about the R&D that's gone into the map. Most tuners can get the RS3 over 500hp with stock hardware, but not all can do this reliably and without the possibility of damaging something. The amount of cars it's been tested on, how many miles/hours/weather conditions etc etc, all something Bob down the local garage can't do but for £250 will get your car to 500hp+. No thanks.

It's not a cheap car and if you have just invested 50k, why not give it the best chance possible if you want to tune! I personally don't like the maps from Revo, gives you too much to soon and then nothing higher up the revs leaving you wanting for more. All subjective, I'd go with APR...

You get what you pay for.....

For me it's about the R&D that's gone into the map. Most tuners can get the RS3 over 500hp with stock hardware, but not all can do this reliably and without the possibility of damaging something. The amount of cars it's been tested on, how many miles/hours/weather conditions etc etc, all something Bob down the local garage can't do but for £250 will get your car to 500hp+. No thanks.

It's not a cheap car and if you have just invested 50k, why not give it the best chance possible if you want to tune! I personally don't like the maps from Revo, gives you too much to soon and then nothing higher up the revs leaving you wanting for more. All subjective, I'd go with APR...

Have you seen the graph from @penetrator ? Jeez, wouldn't say that is too much too soon then nothing higher up the revs, pulls all the way to 6000rpm, then levels off
Revo

Last edited:
Reactions: Callum66 and Deep penetrator

Couldn't disagree more. Revo have spent over a year themselves R&D'ing their stage 1 tune. I've seen the work that goes into it, as well as it being tested in more countries than any other tuner I can think of. APR are the number chasers in the tuning world...they market more than any other and their claims are wild. Also had more issues on Golf R/S3's, too.

Reactions: NevMan

I agree with elements of your post but you clearly haven’t spent time looking at any of the Dyno graphs uploaded on here or elsewhere in relation to Revos stage1 map, the curves are great and clearly and consistently carry’s on to the end. Makes me laugh some foke lol

Revo have both RS3 and TTRS as development cars and this software has had 12 months worth of R&D.

APR quote their figures on a fuel that is not readily available here in the U.K.

To be fair, you can’t fault Revo here.

Reactions: Kristijan Sabljar, Callum66, Deep penetrator and 1 other person