Apr/revo stage 2 dyno runs

73pop

Reaction score
Should have checked that title before I pressed create
will add my print out here and @james123 will add his at some point
Both cars have same mods on awesome gti rollers
Mods are turbo back milltek,vwr intake
Mine is Apr stage 2. Not quite the 400bhp they said it could make but drives well so am happy!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    664.7 KB · Views: 587
Reactions: Rob2k68
My dyno today, think figures quoting upto 401bhp from revo seem to be a fair way away from where I'm at. My dyno hasn't even reached the minimum 370 revo claim to expect as a minimum from stage 2 with the relivant mods. As 73pops said its a pleasure to drive my car and I love it, but can't help but feel like I'm 20-25 short of where I was led to believe I'd be. I seriously think I need an rs3!

Thanks both for posting. Did you have any runs at stage 1 or skip straight to stage 2 ?

I'm starting to think that apart from the slightly improved pickup from the down pipe that I'm going to stick at stage 1 with an intake (Revo's new release if I can get one).

Stage 1

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    700.7 KB · Views: 574
Thanks for posting guys. Interesting to see both similar HP but APR significantly more torue. It's yet another example of how stage 2 min gains over stage 1.

I would be very disappointed going stage 2 with IC if chasing the numbers. I'm going stage 2 shortly fully aware of this and already have intake for induction sound and DP will no doubt add nicer exhaust note. To me having nice induction sound and better exhaust note worth cost for the improved enjoyment but numbers wise and cost per hp not worth it.

Should have checked that title before I pressed create
will add my print out here and @james123 will add his at some point
Both cars have same mods on awesome gti rollers
Mods are turbo back milltek,vwr intake
Mine is Apr stage 2. Not quite the 400bhp they said it could make but drives well so am happy!

Might be a stingy dyno?
Stage 1 should make 370ish by itself.

Reactions: RO65ERS and Rob2k68
Might be a stingy dyno?
Stage 1 should make 370ish by itself.
Who knows me and James said we will try and find another rolling road in the northwest and compare again. Thought awesome gti's rollers would be prity good. Anyone have any suggestions??

Who knows me and James said we will try and find another rolling road in the northwest and compare again. Thought awesome gti's rollers would be prity good. Anyone have any suggestions??

oh that was awesomes dyno?
yeah its pretty much bang on these days and tends to read slightly lower than others.
That is a insane amount of torque you have there... i am jealous as mine made only 400ftlb on their dyno last time!

Try Riverside Racing in Liverpool

11947657_891232084286226_477746167112449346_n.jpg

11828589_883228821753219_8351455233978734870_n.jpg

Last edited:
Apr Ecu stage 1 map
Apr gearbox map
Apr intake
Forge intake hose
Peron intercooler

Max bhp 401.5 Max torque 425 was on Ecotunes dyno in Glasgow

New 90mm (3.5") down pipe coming soon then stage 2 Ecu map

Last edited:
Reactions: RO65ERS, Rob2k68 and 73pop
Rick @ Unicorn Deveopments in Stockport has a good rolling road and knows how to use it too, he's just had a new cooling system fitted and it's kept at a good temp.

He had a rolling road day yesterday actually, should of came down. He will be happy to run both your cars, will be back to back too.

Let me know if you go down, id be keen to see how they are compared to mine.

Rick @ Unicorn Deveopments in Stockport has a good rolling road and knows how to use it too, he's just had a new cooling system fitted and it's kept at a good temp.

He had a rolling road day yesterday actually, should of came down. He will be happy to run both your cars, will be back to back too.

Let me know if you go down, id be keen to see how they are compared to mine.
will give him a call see when he can do it will let you know. dose he have a 4wd roller

see it at unicorn ric

oh that was awesomes dyno?
yeah its pretty much bang on these days and tends to read slightly lower than others.
That is a insane amount of torque you have there... i am jealous as mine made only 400ftlb on their dyno last time!
i don't think that torque reading is right going to go on awesomes rollers again see what it shows

2wd for now, upgrading to 4wd soon.

These are happy running in front wheel drive anyway so not an issue.

Been told APR remap doesn't flag a TD1 has anyone else heard of this? Was a worker in Audi who is now on APR stage 2

They all run the risk of TD1.
You tune you take the risks involved...

Reactions: Chris5 and xpoweruk
Both cars done today on unicorns rollers
No where near the claims they make.
James has a graph with both cars overlapping. They are much a much muchness really James will probably upload it later. But here's mine

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    889.2 KB · Views: 512
Thanks for sharing - very interesting !!!

What fuel are you running and is the map specific to that RON ?

I put Tesco 99 yesterday. Last time was on shell
Vpower and made more bhp

I put Tesco 99 yesterday. Last time was on shell
Vpower and made more bhp

I'm always running Tesco Momentum mainly as it's also most convenient for me.

When I had my map put on they asked what fuel I was using so it has the map profile for high octane fuel and DSG which I understand to be slightly higher torque output too.

Had mine rolled again to see if there was any difference to last weeks on awesome's rollers and results came out pretty much the same so that's definitely where my cars at, so is good to have confirmed it. Met Rick from unicorn tuning and if I hadn't already had my mapping done by revo I'd definitely of let Rick custom a map for my car, guy seems extremely knowledgeable.

Was good to get a ride along in 2 identical modded cars but with different maps on each car. Good to meet you guys. Think I might try unicorns map.

have you got the low out put file or high out put file ?

i asked when it was being done they said it was high output

wow i would of sworn that was the same car on a different run!
So APR and REVO make just under 360bhp stage 2?

So both are as touch under the quoted figures by APR/Revo

Do you have DSG tune too ?

I take it that you'll rev higher with the Stronic TCU mapped,should get more power too as the revs are higher

Ye I suppose but it dose not say you need that on Apr website to make the figures

Reactions: Quattro colin, RO65ERS and xpoweruk