APR Presents the B9 A4 2.0 TFSI ECU Upgrade!

Yeah US 252 TFSi. It will filter over here though and the 252 will use the same ECU as the 190 TFSi I would imagine.

Is not the 190ps a different engine? I am not sure, does it use the Miller cycle? Yes I am these maps will make it over to different remappers as there seems to be, like other things, a black market in them..

Both engines are the new EA888 Gen 3B engines.

Just had a quick look at the Self Study Guide I have for it and by going off the compression ratios I can only assume they have slight variations in internals. They appear to use different ECUs also. Here's a couple of pics from the guide. Sorry about them being in Russian, couldnt find an English version so have been using Google translate.

190 PS engine

252 PS Engine
Untitled

Well done for finding all that out. It's very interesting about the engines and whether they are different internally or its just a state of tune..

That interesting then as it might be possible to buy the 190ps and have the 252 or beyond...

Yes quite, I am well versed on remaps as I have had them on two other vehicles I have owned and I am now running a tuning box on my A3. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of using a complete original map from a 252 vehicle. But then there might be issues as they are quattro and have a stronic gearbox....