APR or REVO Stage 2

MikeParkin

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Has anyone with a manual box gone this far?
If so how are you getting on with the clutch as I know it needs upgrading.
Cheers

Has anyone with a manual box gone this far?
If so how are you getting on with the clutch as I know it needs upgrading.
Cheers
revo stage 2 with full exhaust and revo intercooler running 400bhp on manual box

I have the new Revo map which has very slightly different delivery than DSG , im very happy with the car and software ,performance wise its blistering

standard clutch no issues on my car

Reactions: cpc_s3
I'd love to have 400 hp from the s3!

It's nice knowing that Apr have unlocked the new ecu now, but I've already read various comments about after 50 miles they've been shutting down and going limp mode.

I'm not yet fully convinced that I need to map it just yet, albeit I'm craving the extra power.

Reactions: WarwickL
car is epic even on stage 1 , it needs the extra grunt

Reactions: Rob2k68
Think I'll get the forge intake and stage 1 when they release the new maps ha

I've had APR stage 1 and intake since last decemember and no issues at all just awesome performance. Now that i'm used to it and looking for slightly more I'm going to add then BCS DP soon (xmas present for self) and run on stage 1 unitl APR release their stage 2 file officially in Aust, guessing that will be once the DP is released.

All I hear is good things about stage 1 and I'm looking forward to getting it done.

have you had yours on a dyno mate, if so what kind of figures did it make, if you don't mind me asking?
Not yet mate, as soon as I get a chance I'll get it back in to Kim for a run up. Feels epic though, don't regret going down the box route rather than remap....

Not yet mate, as soon as I get a chance I'll get it back in to Kim for a run up. Feels epic though, don't regret going down the box route rather than remap....

Would like to get mine on when I can too waiting to get an Intake first, I have a dtuk box an pedal box at the minute, would like a map but don't think it's worth it against warranty, how do you find the mtm box is it worth the extra?

Would like to get mine on when I can too waiting to get an Intake first, I have a dtuk box an pedal box at the minute, would like a map but don't think it's worth it against warranty, how do you find the mtm box is it worth the extra?
Not compared it to anything else mate so can only go on the MTM itself. It's smooth, good power and torque increases by the feel of it, connects or disconnects in literally two minutes, and best of all comes with its own warranty to fall back on should Audi decline a warranty claim. This covers anything that could be affected by the Cantronic.
Oh and of course it's MTM - you can't find that level of expertise anywhere else, they've been working alongside Audi and Audi Sport for 40years and perfected some pretty awesome machines.

Not compared it to anything else mate so can only go on the MTM itself. It's smooth, good power and torque increases by the feel of it, connects or disconnects in literally two minutes, and best of all comes with its own warranty to fall back on should Audi decline a warranty claim. This covers anything that could be affected by the Cantronic.
Oh and of course it's MTM - you can't find that level of expertise anywhere else, they've been working alongside Audi and Audi Sport for 40years and perfected some pretty awesome machines.

That's all am really worried about is the warranty so sounds really good might have to get one sometime after Christmas, is there different settings like the dtuk one or is it just one setting?

That's all am really worried about is the warranty so sounds really good might have to get one sometime after Christmas, is there different settings like the dtuk one or is it just one setting?
Just one setting, it's programmed to your car and then I believe reads a lot of data to be able to adapt constantly. Pretty advanced box of tricks I think.

I was on the fence with the boxes but I really think a map will be more beneficial to the car. But I'm now on the fence about who to go with APR or REVO and stage 1 or straight to stage 2.

I was on the fence with the boxes but I really think a map will be more beneficial to the car. But I'm now on the fence about who to go with APR or REVO and stage 1 or straight to stage 2.

It's a tricky one, go with whoever is closer to you in case you need after sales help.
I use APR and it's great.

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
Yeah as Dan says I think you'd be a very happy man with either.

I'm in the Revo camp as they are closer to me but also the upgrade path to stage 2 seems fairly straight forward. If I buy their own downpipe which is manufactured by Scorpion BTW then the software upgrade to stage 2 is free.

Friend on here james123 is running stage2 revo,vwr intake and turbo back milltek that's the route I will be taking I think.

It makes my standard s3 feel very slow it's
Not to loud pottering round town but sounds amazing when it's opened up.

Has anybody had a custom map done on their car?

Friend on here james123 is running stage2 revo,vwr intake and turbo back milltek that's the route I will be taking I think.

It makes my standard s3 feel very slow it's
Not to loud pottering round town but sounds amazing when it's opened up.

Has anybody had a custom map done on their car?

I've not got custom tune but if I was in UK i would look at visiting Rick and Unicorn tuning, I think forum sponsor on here. Custom tunes and gets amazing results especially torque, with backed up 11.9 1/4 mile times on stage 1 tune.

I've not got custom tune but if I was in UK i would look at visiting Rick and Unicorn tuning, I think forum sponsor on here. Custom tunes and gets amazing results especially torque, with backed up 11.9 1/4 mile times on stage 1 tune.
Someone els recomended him as well along with ade tuning which is 2 miles from home so some thinking to do!!

Someone els recomended him as well along with ade tuning which is 2 miles from home so some thinking to do!!

Come over to the 8P section to get some of Rick's feedback and recommendations.

I'd love to have 400 hp from the s3!

It's nice knowing that Apr have unlocked the new ecu now, but I've already read various comments about after 50 miles they've been shutting down and going limp mode.

I'm not yet fully convinced that I need to map it just yet, albeit I'm craving the extra power.
I'v done around 300 miles with new Apr remap and not had any issues, it is excellent

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/11272-apr-stage-1-anyone-got-this-remap/page-5

Check this link out for latest dyno of APR stage 2. That's a manual car. 427lbs of torque!

That's my Apr stg1 dyno print out.

Reactions: Rob2k68