APR or Revo Stage 1 for 1.8Q?

Ryanytchan

Reaction score
Hi all,

With Christmas coming up and the car having done over 20k miles, I am thinking of a remap.

Currently looking at APR (£420) and Revo (£500). In terms of performance figures they are quite similar, has anyone remapped theirs or has thoughts on the two companies in general? Also wondering if Quattro will make a difference, I wouldn't think so as it's the same engine?

Am aware that if the drivetrain/turbo etc does have issues the dealer might notice the remap but don't think a stage 1 map is that risky!

Thanks and have a good weekend.

I went Revo mainly because of their development programme and focus on driveability rather than headline numbers plus there's a good local dealer network.

From the numbers on Revo's site for this 1.8T Gen3 engine, they are way lower than APR in both power and torque. And APR has a pretty flat torque curve - but I haven't seen any graphs from Revo to do a proper comparison. By lower, APR seems to get gains of over +40% in both torque and power, whereas Revo seems to get about +25%. That's not a measurement error, that is huge.

Maybe Revo are just using an older map or a very conservative one, whereas APR may be pushing the limits of hardware.

Anyone done any real world comparisons?

Just an update - had an APR remap done today and am happy with the gains so far, have not observed any negative effects.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I run APR stage 2.. I'll be dynoing soon. But car is strong at any given rpms.

Couldn't be happier

Reactions: Salik Sajid