Apr Intake

M

monopole

So GNJ went all ignorant now I need to re-spend (false economy ftw) that money, have decided the APR intake sounds good, any more news on this and availability?

If it's genuine carbon fibre that is a very good price, alot of decent intakes will set you back £300 odd but for full carbon that's pretty well priced imo, the E46 CSL Intake that's carbon costs about 4k!
I too would like to see some verified gains first, some intakes work fine on there own others definitely need a map in order not to ****** AFR's up, and some simply work better with a map or tune.

It is very well priced compared to last generation's offering i.e. ITG and Carbonio induction kits.

Did someone knows if this Intake could increase lag?

In theory a well designed intake should reduce lag because more air available and less restrictive flow means the turbo can spool faster, it's normally larger intercoolers or going from top mount intercoolers to front mount meaning additional pipe work that increases lag.
The only problem with messing with intakes is that with new cars like the 8V there haven't been many independently dyno'd with aftermarket intakes so not many people know how well the oem intake draws air in or how restrictive it is to airflow, some cars are pretty poor and will respond well to an intake upgrade, others are excellently designed from factory and swapping only causes problems with fueling or you'll lose warranty for little or no gains at all.
My advice would be ignore the manufacturer claims and wait for a guinnea pig to get independently dyno'd with a before and after with the intake before jumping in.

The other option i guess, is to put the K&N perfect fit filter instead of the original. I don´t believe it would have a big gain, but still a better breathing.