Approved used?

S32B

Reaction score
Mate has just phoned me, he's seen a used Audi that was registered mid June 2019, it has 6,000 mile on the clock. They have told him that they would do an oil change and reset the mmi so that he wouldn't need to service it for 12 months! He then said, so in 12 months time the 2nd more expensive service would be due when the car is only 17 month old? They said yes.

Is that the norm, as in my mind and his it just means all his future services will be getting done 7 month too early?!?

Reactions: pburv
Never been done for me! Bought my S3 at 5,000 miles and S5 at 3,000 miles. They do the 175 point inspection and that's that, service for both was due around 17,000 miles.
Certainly doesn't sound normal compared to my dealer! I'd be very surprised by this.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
if the dealer is offering an oil change as part of the deal, why not ask him to defer it for 6 months? Cost to him is the same either way, so I can"t see why he should object.

My dealer says they give all there approved used an oil service if it needs it or not.

Just tell them to do the oil/filter service and NOT reset the MMI. I do this on all my new cars after 2 months or 2,000 miles. That is part of the deal on my new purchase.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Phutters
Mate has just phoned me, he's seen a used Audi that was registered mid June 2019, it has 6,000 mile on the clock. They have told him that they would do an oil change and reset the mmi so that he wouldn't need to service it for 12 months! He then said, so in 12 months time the 2nd more expensive service would be due when the car is only 17 month old? They said yes.

Is that the norm, as in my mind and his it just means all his future services will be getting done 7 month too early?!?
If I was your mate I would be asking for the next full service to be part of the deal. .

Reactions: Matt Titanium
Cheers for the input guys.
Just tell them to do the oil/filter service and NOT reset the MMI. I do this on all my new cars after 2 months or 2,000 miles. That is part of the deal on my new purchase.
They told him it was done before it went on sale!

If I was your mate I would be asking for the next full service to be part of the deal. .
He tried that and they said no! He wasn't happy about a couple of things, so he has told them to forget it. One being when he told them he would be paying cash and not taking out their finance, he said the guys attitude changed and couldn't seem to be bothered.

Reactions: pburv and Adam14
Cheers for the input guys.

They told him it was done before it went on sale!

He tried that and they said no! He wasn't happy about a couple of things, so he has told them to forget it. One being when he told them he would be paying cash and not taking out their finance, he said the guys attitude changed and couldn't seem to be bothered.

Never tried it myself but I’m sure people on here have said: (if you’re paying cash) you can get a better deal by taking out finance with them, then paying it off within two weeks or something like that.

Never tried it myself but I’m sure people on here have said: (if you’re paying cash) you can get a better deal by taking out finance with them, then paying it off within two weeks or something like that.

Heard this a few times, not just with Audi either but with most brands. Audi are also offering 2 year warranty & 2 free services on there used car range when using Audi finance so if you had the cash it would make sense to put it on finance then pay it straight off. Obviously read the small print, could be a charge for Paying off early and maybe lose the free services if it’s not kept on finance for a minimum period?

Heard this a few times, not just with Audi either but with most brands. Audi are also offering 2 year warranty & 2 free services on there used car range when using Audi finance so if you had the cash it would make sense to put it on finance then pay it straight off. Obviously read the small print, could be a charge for Paying off early and maybe lose the free services if it’s not kept on finance for a minimum period?
I'll let him know for the next one he looks at :)

Nope not useless they’ve changed their policy, my Dad cancelled his finance after 3 days and recently just used his 2nd free service 2 years down the line :thumbs up:

Yeah it’s crazy, best way is to agree a cash price with the dealer and then turn around and say you want finance to get the incentives. That way they can’t fiddle the figures and alter the retail price of the car back to list price

Just ask for a couple of free services as part of the deal. I usually get 18000 miles or 18 months on long life regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk