Approved used warranty

Jakereeves96

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I purchased a 2014 S3 sportback from an Audi dealership about 6 months ago & I’ve noticed that my battery has started to die. Does anyone know if this would be covered by their warranty they give you when you buy the car? & also, my coolant is a slight rusty colour & I can’t see the silica bag in the tank. Would Audi also sort this under warranty? Sorry if something like this has been asked before, but I can’t find anything online about what the warranty covers when you buy a used car from them. Cheers!

I wouldn't have thought any dealer in their right mind would guarantee a battery for more than 2 or 3 years from new as that's what most batteries are guaranteed for by the manufacturer. I'd say, unless the battery is a genuine Audi approved item and fitted by an Audi dealer, then they won't entertain a warranty claim.

As far as the coolant goes, is there any history to tell if it has been changed since new? It may well be worth having a full cooling system flush and fitting a new thermostat if the contents of the expansion tank are that bad. But again, I don't think it will be a warranty claim unless it's causing issues.

I wouldn't have thought any dealer in their right mind would guarantee a battery for more than 2 or 3 years from new as that's what most batteries are guaranteed for by the manufacturer. I'd say, unless the battery is a genuine Audi approved item and fitted by an Audi dealer, then they won't entertain a warranty claim.

As far as the coolant goes, is there any history to tell if it has been changed since new? It may well be worth having a full cooling system flush and fitting a new thermostat if the contents of the expansion tank are that bad. But again, I don't think it will be a warranty claim unless it's causing issues.
Yeah I kinda thought that about the battery, wasn’t 100% sure thought and didn’t wanna go and waste money buying one if I could have had it done under warranty lol & I genuinely don’t know how to access the service history of my car. It’s all online & I can’t find anything on the myaudi app about service history? Cheers for the reply too mate

I'm new to the present generation of Audi myself. My last experience was pre-millenium with an 80 Quattro.

Only looking on here have I realised that service history is all online. What a stupid German idea!

Reactions: Jakereeves96