Approved used warranty

Jakereeves96

Hi everyone, I purchased a 2014 S3 sportback from an Audi dealership about 6 months ago & I’ve noticed that my battery has started to die. Does anyone know if this would be covered by their warranty they give you when you buy the car? & also, my coolant is a slight rusty colour & I can’t see the silica bag in the tank. Would Audi also sort this under warranty? Sorry if something like this has been asked before, but I can’t find anything online about what the warranty covers when you buy a used car from them. Cheers!

Garrett 69

I wouldn't have thought any dealer in their right mind would guarantee a battery for more than 2 or 3 years from new as that's what most batteries are guaranteed for by the manufacturer. I'd say, unless the battery is a genuine Audi approved item and fitted by an Audi dealer, then they won't entertain a warranty claim.

As far as the coolant goes, is there any history to tell if it has been changed since new? It may well be worth having a full cooling system flush and fitting a new thermostat if the contents of the expansion tank are that bad. But again, I don't think it will be a warranty claim unless it's causing issues.

Jakereeves96

I wouldn't have thought any dealer in their right mind would guarantee a battery for more than 2 or 3 years from new as that's what most batteries are guaranteed for by the manufacturer. I'd say, unless the battery is a genuine Audi approved item and fitted by an Audi dealer, then they won't entertain a warranty claim.

As far as the coolant goes, is there any history to tell if it has been changed since new? It may well be worth having a full cooling system flush and fitting a new thermostat if the contents of the expansion tank are that bad. But again, I don't think it will be a warranty claim unless it's causing issues.
Yeah I kinda thought that about the battery, wasn’t 100% sure thought and didn’t wanna go and waste money buying one if I could have had it done under warranty lol & I genuinely don’t know how to access the service history of my car. It’s all online & I can’t find anything on the myaudi app about service history? Cheers for the reply too mate

Garrett 69

I'm new to the present generation of Audi myself. My last experience was pre-millenium with an 80 Quattro.

Only looking on here have I realised that service history is all online. What a stupid German idea!