Approved Used questions

pixi

Reaction score
Hi,

I have never purchased Approved Used before, but as I am parting with a lot of cash I obviously want as much reassurance as I can get.

There is no longer an Audi dealer close to me, so would involve a ferry journey (expensive at that!) and onward drive to wherever I purchase from. That's absolutely fine, but thinking in the long term, should I need to access the services of getting anything rectified within that warranty, how have your experiences been trying to access this via your closest dealer? Are you met with redirection to where you actually bought the car? If this is generally the experience, then that leaves me with the south coast realistically, such as Southampton or Portsmouth, or at a push Salisbury or Poole.

Interested to hear your experiences. Thanks.

Approved Used rectification & warranty can be used at any Audi retailer in the UK.

Yup, I’ve bought 3 from various dealers, 2 with warranty claims and all sorted at dealer nearest to me

Hi, I bought a used approved a3 last year. Car always has long mot, full service history, and one year gaurentee which as long as it is on the list of gaurentee parts will get sorted as mentioned above. On initial inspection & test drive I pointed out some stone chips and side skirt damage, all rectified before collection. On collection I was not happy with the side skirt repair, it was only touched up, not plastic repaired, so they sorted that for me a week later, Skirt looked like new after. For a used car, you get what you pay for in my eyes, you will pay more overall from a main dealer up front, no question, but they are painless for aftercare in my experience compared to a lot of independents.

This is sounding hopeful guys, thanks for sharing your experiences as we all know it should be honoured at any Audi dealer, but someone recently shared their story where their nearest one tried sending them back to where they bought it and I wondered if this was common place, or just a bad egg.

I've bought multiple cars from used approved, as late as yesturday as it happens. All great.

Except.

Hyde Audi. Two cars from there, both broke shortly after, (one was sold to me with a cracked brake disc) and they tried to swerve the warranty. Then they tried to fob me off that the Audi Approved warranty wasn't an Audi one at all but some other one, despite it being on the sales contract. My local Audi dealer had to bypass them and get head office to ring Hyde and basically order them to honor the warranty.

I've had no problems with other dealerships.

Should note if you buy a (T)FSI they absolutely will not do decoke walnut shelling if that problem occurs. They will keep charging you a £60 fee to inspect the car and fob you off with every other excuse they can think of; they won't admit it's a design flaw (despite fitting EA888v3 engines with an extra injector to wash away the carbon). If you have a high mile (T)FSI it's worth having it decoked every 60k. Limp mode, misfiring etc are the symptoms. My experience with this was again a 60k car sold by...Hyde Audi.

Thanks for your reply, it sounds like you've had a right time of it.
I have no idea what that issue is that you described, but mine has just touched 20k miles on a 19 plate. Should I be worried?

They coke up quick, and it saps performance, but it's around every 60k it becomes a problem
Here's an example of a bad one
Final-sized-cut-Custom.jpg

Check what the warranty does actually cover…Panasonic roofs aren’t for example…also you’ll find if there’s any issues that need resolving the local one to you may be unlikely to solve it, you need goodwill sometimes and they are all individual profit centres so don’t work as a network…
I’ve just been charged diagnostic fees even for warranty issues, is that normal? I got it covered in the end but was a fight to do so….

You shouldn’t be charged diagnostics for a warranty claim. All costs are covered under warranty. I would be taking this up with hq and the dealer for a refund.