apple lightning to 30-pin adapter

Tuco88

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

I have a AMI Concert 2014, Using an old Ipod nano 6th Gen for tunes, works fine but its full 8GB. I was looking to get the new touch or even the new iphone,

Has anyone had any luck getting one to work with the lighting to 30Pin adapter in the glove box?

If not i'll just get another second hand one. I find the SD cards to be painful with unreadable tracks with every odd one.

Why not just wireless stream everything from your phone.

I have 30 pin Ami bt dongles available, whatsapp if interested.

Does it display tracks on the console?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can just use the Apple adapter, it worked when I had my B8 and using a new iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cool I'll go ahead and get one so I think, I dont mind putting the phone in the glove box if I have to.

It will display the tracks, but never got it to show artwork. Audi do sell a proper cable but test it before you buy it as there are about 10 versions.

It will display the tracks, but never got it to show artwork. Audi do sell a proper cable but test it before you buy it as there are about 10 versions.

Ah I don't mind the art work. Just to note its a concert ami poverty setup

If it has the connector in the glove box it should work fine.

Just use the existing cable with the adapter on the end.

If it has the connector in the glove box it should work fine.

It has indeed, works perfect with an old ipod nano 6th gen. Thanks of the info lads. I'll have a few ideas now cheers.

Right so I got a audi to lighting cable... Genuine one from Audi with the yellow band. Plugged in the Ipod Nano7G and nothing works. Says the cable is not supported. I might try apple 30pin to lighting adapter with the old cable.

Just an update lads the Yellow one works perfect.

Just an update lads the Yellow one works perfect.

Do you mean the new cable you got from Audi or the old one with the adapter? Just to clear things up, I find SD card works fine or I can stream from Spotify through my phone.

The one I got from Audi, don't bother with the cheapo brands. I found the SD cards have good sound quality but an awful pain to format. Copying tunes from iTunes to the SD cards, a nice few tracks wont transfer and even from a CD so I gave up on that. The tune2air looks decent but expensive, I might get one later in the year.