1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple CarPlay retrofit any recommendations ?

Simon Lowe Mar 9, 2019

1. Simon Lowe

Simon Lowe Active Member

Can anybody point me in a good direction regarding Apple CarPlay ?a few systems out there but not sure whats good or bad

Minus likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Stuart Paterson

Stuart Paterson New Member

What car and MMI have you got in place?

4. Simon Lowe

Simon Lowe Active Member

Hi thanks for the reply
    My car is an S3 cab with B&O Navigation plus

5. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Simon Lowe likes this.
  6. Fireblade69

Fireblade69 New Member Team Scuba TDi Audi TT Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group DSG

I'd take a good look at Apple Car Play before you decide to drop £££ on it, I've got it in my A4 and think it is utter **** and I don't use it at all. If you've got a nav system anyway then I can't see the point. Try it out, it is actually very limited.

7. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I tend to agree, I dropped 350 quid to fit it to my Mazda CX5 and it's basic. It's nice to use Google maps and messages but it is fairly limited.

8. sleep envy

sleep envy Member Team Daytona Team V8 Audi RS4

Simon Lowe likes this.
  9. Simon Lowe

Simon Lowe Active Member

To be fair I use Waze a lot and it’s just about the easiest way to get live traffic info without stopping and looking at your phone otherwise I would not be considering it, coming out of a BMW with Pro Nav the Audi MMI is **** poor , blame myself for not doing a bit more research on the Nav side