Apple CarPlay finally gets third-party navigation support

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Apple have announced that in iOS12 CarPlay will finally support third party navigation apps such as Google Maps and Waze. About time, hallelujah!! Personally I find Google Maps easily the best navigation app around.

For those of us with Audi Connect I wonder if Google Earth will be displayed on google maps in CarPlay? I suspect not.....

Last edited:
Apple have announced that in iOS12 CarPlay will finally support third party navigation apps such as Google Maps and Waze. About time, hallelujah!!

Finally!! think ill stick to using google earth for now though until my Audi connect expires. Any idea when we can expect IOS12?

Finally!! think ill stick to using google earth for now though until my Audi connect expires. Any idea when we can expect IOS12?
Beta version of iOS 12 is already out, so matter of a few weeks before its officially released. Obviously Google will also have to update their Maps app.

Developers only get the beta today so even when the public beta is released it could break apps or cause issues with usability. Wait until a few weeks before the gold master to get a stable version.