Apple Carplay activated and nice little options enabled

S

shabacollar

I bought an Audi A7 3.0tdi Quattro 3 days ago and on the first night I was browsing this forum and stumbled upon the following topic: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/factory-carplay-activated.411753/

I contacted Alex from https://www.vagcarcoding.com/ and asked him if he could do his "magic" for me too. He said, luckily my car is new enough (2015), so probably yes.

Went to him at night, he was really flexible and after 2 hours of firmware upgrading, I had Apple Carplay/Android auto without unique-auto's carplay box (a bit botched solution if you ask me).
I had a lot of smaller options enabled on the car like oil temperature, closing electric tailgate using the car keys, sound confirmation when locking/unlocking the car and many others.

I couldn't be any happier with the results.
Now finally, I can use Waze on the MMI screen instead of mounting my mobile on the vents risking breaking one of the slat.

Reactions: RAF_S7, Bishop187 and Corb2000
Welcome to the club mate. Alix is a top dude. What are the specs on your A7, let’s see some pics

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

I bought an Audi A7 3.0tdi Quattro 3 days ago and on the first night I was browsing this forum and stumbled upon the following topic: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/factory-carplay-activated.411753/

I contacted Alex from https://www.vagcarcoding.com/ and asked him if he could do his "magic" for me too. He said, luckily my car is new enough (2015), so probably yes.

Went to him at night, he was really flexible and after 2 hours of firmware upgrading, I had Apple Carplay/Android auto without unique-auto's carplay box (a bit botched solution if you ask me).
I had a lot of smaller options enabled on the car like oil temperature, closing electric tailgate using the car keys, sound confirmation when locking/unlocking the car and many others.

I couldn't be any happier with the results.
Now finally, I can use Waze on the MMI screen instead of mounting my mobile on the vents risking breaking one of the slat.
Was great to meet you yesterday and grata on the new car, it really is a perfect example of the A7!

This is the official data for the vehicle, 2014 vehicle but is a MY15:

Audi Smartphone Interface is not officially available to A6/A7 vehicles manufactured before 30th May 2016!

Before and After images of the Audi Smartphone Interface activation:

4 5 6

Vehicles Navigation Data was also Updated and EU wide speed camera locations added:

We also found something rather interesting in this vehicle. When purchased and on collection it was explained that the passenger side vanity light was not working. After some investigation I found the following reason as to why!

8 9

This hope the previous owner did not pay for this garbage installation!

Reactions: blackwood and Bishop187
Nice work Alix. Wow what was that dodgy install powering?

Car looks very nice

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Quick question - has anyone been able to get Android Auto working wirelessly?

Google (and Samsung) both say this should now be possible on 2016/17 Audi c7.5 cars now.

Also, I’ve just swapped to a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and I’m having USB connected Android Auto issues - intermittently not connecting, or connecting but no control (Touch pad not responding). Is there an updated MMI software release that would address this?

(note my activation - almost 2 years ago - was via China ‍♂️)

Cheers,
John.

Quick question - has anyone been able to get Android Auto working wirelessly?

Google (and Samsung) both say this should now be possible on 2016/17 Audi c7.5 cars now.

Also, I’ve just swapped to a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and I’m having USB connected Android Auto issues - intermittently not connecting, or connecting but no control (Touch pad not responding). Is there an updated MMI software release that would address this?

(note my activation - almost 2 years ago - was via China ‍♂️)

Cheers,
John.
What’s the firmware version on your MMI?