Apple Car Play - Speed Camera App

Would be great to hear about this :)
Tnx Happy Grumpz

I was reading that there will soon be a google maps update with camera alerts available later this year.. but apart from that I also use wave and just leaving it running in the background.

I was reading that there will soon be a google maps update with camera alerts available later this year.. but apart from that I also use wave and just leaving it running in the background.
UK does have speed camera alerts (including audible) with google maps, but only if you're following a route. Just driving without having a route set doesn't seem to enable the alerts or images unfortunately

Reactions: Gingertom and Hambee1234
Just driving without having a route set doesn't seem to enable the alerts or images unfortunately
Yup, agreed. Waze does though with just the app running. No route.

Sorry to the original post, as I know you asked for anything else but waze. haha..

Reactions: Kondax
UK does have speed camera alerts (including audible) with google maps, but only if you're following a route. Just driving without having a route set doesn't seem to enable the alerts or images unfortunately

Interesting!
So how does one 'configure' GM to display / warn of cameras? I've not noticed them at all even with a route set in? Is this only available via the phone app or can they also be displayed on MMI when using GM?

Interesting!
So how does one 'configure' GM to display / warn of cameras? I've not noticed them at all even with a route set in? Is this only available via the phone app or can they also be displayed on MMI when using GM?
It won't work with GM built into the car, only the app on your phone. It will show and warn through the car if you have CarPlay however.

Reactions: Hambee1234 and Gingertom