Apple car play question.

Steve D

Reaction score
I have a MY 2017 model. Does Apple car play work wirelessly or only with the charge cable connected? I can get it working with the cable but unable to do it wirelessly. Am I doing something wrong?

No wireless CarPlay unless you get aftermarket adapter.

Reactions: Steve D
I bought the C2Play adapter other week which takes it to wireless, so far works flawlessly and is brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Thinking back, I’m just being totally lazy! How hard is it to plug it in to a cable - least it gets charged as well. :grinning:

Last edited:
Thanks. Thinking back, I’m just being totally lazy! How hard is it to plug it in to a cable - least it gets charged as well. :grinning:

there is that - same as my logic but then I thought ah well so much easier not having to worry about connecting it up and bought the wireless adapter.

It’s my wife’s fault tho as her car has wireless CarPlay and it’s great not having to think about connecting it up etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fell into this one as well thinking with a wireless phone charger it'd be nice to have wireless car play too, but navigating around the cable of the wireless CarPlay usb dongle I may as well just have plugged my phone in. Also, you either have to listen to "your mobile phone is still in the vehicle" every time you one the door with etc wireless CarPlay plugged in, or disable that and if you're like me - forget your phone 1/2 the time.

If you;'re in and our of your car with your phone in your pocket a lot it is still a nice thing to have though if you use CarPlay a lot.