Apollo Agu Slow Progress Thread

Has Bill said he'll map the car?
I didn't think he mapped ME3.8 AGU engined cars.

Car looks good anyway

Reactions: Mrharris2
No mate I asked thinking he could but he can't do mine unfortunately, I've got 2 friends who have had their agus custom mapped at evolution motorsport about 10 miles from me in willenhall and their maps are looking impressive 230 and 235 aits and egts look good and it's progressive and a nice curve no boost spike unsure of their psi ATM I'll have to ask, so anyway it's either r tech or evolution motorsport for me roll on end of January. Thanks it looks like s**t to me lol but it's meant to get messy and scratched

A few people said they can map the AGU by me as well but they all said they can only do it with the stock MAF and injectors upto 235-240hp and if I wanted more go to Rtech, lol

Reactions: Essexman
That's strange as a 3" MAF and 350cc injectors would help it flow better lol yeah I'm still thinking of going to r tech it's only 55 miles from me but need to make sure cars spot on as I don't wana get turned away for a slight issue on her lol

S3 callipers and discs fitted and a new master cylinder as the nipples snapped from previous owner and brakes are now rubbish wooo more problems lol, found the boost issue was a coil pack as I swapped one with my brother must have been cutting out or dying under more revs and spluttering feels nice and smooth now oh baby, She's in for a fresh full paint job this week by my uncle for a bargain of £300 pound so next Monday I shall have a lovely shiny audi can't wait :jump:

ahhh man your lucky
300 quid is epic bargain!!
so the brakes are poor now?? how did you bleed them??

Yeah I thought that I can't complain for 300 bob, and with an eazi bleed mate done the. 5-6 times now and once at the master cylinder the pedal is spot on nice and firm better than before no air in the system as I've left them for a while each side but just feel poor not sharp at all but wasn't sure wether that's cause I have new discs but surely not this bad soo the guessing starts lol

So the damn non start issue is back, went out to the car at 5.20 am to take me and girlfriend to work started but ket the key off abit too early and it started but chugged out and died anyhow went to start again and no start, so got a new ignition module and that's not fixed it I've changed maf and that's not it I cleaned injectors but last time this happened I bumped the car it ran dodgy as if on 3 cylinders then cleared up and been working fine for the last few months until now any ideas if injectors are dodgy or what else to try.... No vagcom anymore either and had a new coilpack yesterday was working lovely

£300 is cheap! Your uncle will regret it after he had done it. My brother did when he painted mine. It got expensive when he was taking bits apart like the roof seals etc as all bits were so old and needed replacing. With the non start issue you changed the spark plugs? Can you hear the fuel pump when you prime it? Maybe take the injectors out and stick them in an ultra sonic bath to clean them up. You got 350cc injectors in now ??

Yeah mate I already took one seal out and ****** it up so got another off a friend going to get the other side just incase, spark plugs are 8months old but going to get new ones and waiting for the 360cc ones to arrive will get them ultra sonic cleaned and can I put them in without being mapped or will it run really dodgy?

£50 per side beans new from Tps for the roof seal and rubber grommet. Running a 3" maf? Rtech mapped mine, maf is ok to fit, but the injectors they advise to fit on the day of mapping. I got the red saabs in atm but changing them for 440s soon

Not got 3" maf yet getting that end of the week and yeah I was thinking that myself but if my injectors **** up in the mean time just have to get it mapped sooner if possible lol

A quick update before spray day Saturday got the lacquer off the last week had him spray my winter wheels as he had no work on and this is how she looks so far

So Sunday is here and the car has been picked up we have it a polish and she looks lovely compared I what it did Friday we prepped Saturday he sprayed and baked it till Sunday to be honest there is a slight orange peel effect on the sides but not too bad as it wasn't a car booth and it was reacting with the satin aerosol underneath mybad, anyhow he only had his weekend to work on it as his work is absolutely rammed so in a few weeks when the booth is free again he's going to 1200-1500-2000 it and re polish we did this on the bonnet and it looked a beauty, less talk here she is
. .

Reactions: Essexman
Question for anyone reading, ever since changing to a 3" downpipe and de cat straight through and fitting k03s my car smells reallllly rich everyone comments on it and if it's ticking over outside the house u can smell it lol would this be due to needing a remap or is it possible the oxygen sensor is knackered aswell? No fault codes and no fuel leaks at all

Here she isobutane the gym, that right hand side pipe annoys my OCD need to get it fabricated and bend slightly back so it doesn't stick out apart from that she's shiny, lots of orange peel as I havnt flatted and polished it yet

Question for anyone reading, ever since changing to a 3" downpipe and de cat straight through and fitting k03s my car smells reallllly rich everyone comments on it and if it's ticking over outside the house u can smell it lol would this be due to needing a remap or is it possible the oxygen sensor is knackered aswell? No fault codes and no fuel leaks at all

Mine is exactly the same mate ..... Ps your a massive fool for forgetting stafford meet you plank lol

Lmao tell me about it I really don't know why i thought it was next week I was at my moms when u messaged me gutted Lol was it a good day mate? And I think I can fix it cut a few inch off the pipe that connects to the 90 degree join behind it see if that works I'll try tomorrow

I ment smelling rich, my intercoolers invisible doesn't stick out anywhere mate it would drive me mad if it did ...... Was a fantastic day

94999adf24a673c9651b832145e3c5b9.jpg

Reactions: JohnStan725 and Mrharris2
So not much to report just ordered some federal 595 RS-R waiting on delivery, ordered some new spark plugs ngk bkr7e as I hadnt changed them for 18 months not sure when you change them but as I've done a full service just thought may aswell do those aswell so I know to do everything next time the service date comes up. Obviously spark plugs aren't going to be a good colour as its running rich from needing a map roll on next week but here's a pic just because I'm boring lol

Behave I've put it in my diary for the day before to remind me it should take me 1 hour 13 minutes I'm aiming for 40 minutes lol

Reactions: A3-Lee
So got 2 federal 595 tyres yesterday and fitted them to the rear still using my rainsport 3 tyres untill Middle of March but not I get tyre slide under heavy turning, forcefully trying to see how it holds up of course, have 205/45/16 all round 29 psi fronts and 33 rear slid so changed to 31psi front and 32psi rear slightly better but feels as though the fronts (rainsport3) walls are sliding under hard cornering they never used too unless it's because the RS-R rears are holding up really well, they are soft rubber squidgy if u press them so I'm guessing they are going to wear fast I didn't have he option of soft medium or hard compound so I'm guessing they are soft or medium, so far though nice handling, raised the car half inch front and rear to get more comfort and rebound but suspension is feeling rubbish, time for some AP coilovers with 30% uprated dampening as I can only stretch to 400-500 pound unless anyone has any better ideas on suspension? Second hand KW V1 or v2? Or new aps?

So got 2 federal 595 tyres yesterday and fitted them to the rear still using my rainsport 3 tyres untill Middle of March but not I get tyre slide under heavy turning, forcefully trying to see how it holds up of course, have 205/45/16 all round 29 psi fronts and 33 rear slid so changed to 31psi front and 32psi rear slightly better but feels as though the fronts (rainsport3) walls are sliding under hard cornering they never used too unless it's because the RS-R rears are holding up really well, they are soft rubber squidgy if u press them so I'm guessing they are going to wear fast I didn't have he option of soft medium or hard compound so I'm guessing they are soft or medium, so far though nice handling, raised the car half inch front and rear to get more comfort and rebound but suspension is feeling rubbish, time for some AP coilovers with 30% uprated dampening as I can only stretch to 400-500 pound unless anyone has any better ideas on suspension? Second hand KW V1 or v2? Or new aps?

How come you went for the smaller tyres? You dropped the car 10mm doing that and made the ride less comfy.
Throw the RS-R's on the front and Uniroyals on the back and enjoy some lift off oversteer,lol

You can get alot for £500, you could even get bilstein B8's or adjustable Koni Sports and springs for that.

Because the 55s were just ***** comfy but steering was awful and wanted some grip when needed I only have these up front till March then all 4 are going to be RS-R' dude, it oversteers atm well yesterday it did when they were new never had it slide on me was eventful lol, I've highered the car another half inch on the rear today so more comfort but feels soggy now as the suspension is rubbish unless low low, I will have a look tonight at those cheers mate

Cheapest I've seen are

Koni's - renowned for being stiff yet very durable and rebuildable/revalving for stiffer spring rates for racing if ever needed
http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/250958/audi/koni-sport-suspension-kits/1140-7672.html

Bilsteins B8's are like £550 in the UK, you can get them from Germany for like £415, go to the company directly for cheaper as you can avoid ebay and paypal fees.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Bilste...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20ef527c75

Then the B8's will need springs, I'm going for the progressive Vogtlands for mine £80 posted from Germany, they cost £130-£150 from UK sellers...
everyone likes different springs, Apex seem to get good feedback from users too.

This is currently how she sits 1 and 1/2 " gap front and rear arch that's been highered as the front was scraping all the speed bumps around here as there are hundreds ridiculously high ones, it looks lower on the back but that's due to the drive and picture angle, now the federal tyres grip like shiiiiiiid they are amazing having never had semi slicks or scent tyres on my car before, BUT the suspension is rolling it is rubbish I thought it was the tyres but having swapped the tyres over front to rear still doing it can feel it's the suspension being sloppy, JOM coilovers are terrible handling unless u have no movement in them then you also have no back left lol. Any suggestions in the mean time untill I can save 500 pound thanks gentlemen and women

Now gentlemen I get a bonus soon in April I think and il looking at buying a bigger turbo and other bits to slowly build a new Agu engine no rush but want to get cracking can I have you opinions on a k04 026 or a k148b from beach buggy turbos, I'm after 310 of each torque and bhp but reliability around 18-19 psi is this turbo any good for those of course will have a fresh engine too