APC Recommendations for Ceramic Coating

alpesh26

Reaction score
Recently re-applied Gtechniq CSL and this time put Exo v4 on it as opposed to just the CSL that I put on 5 years ago.

Eventually the coating will 'clog' especially on the lower sections of the doors, I read that APC will help sort this. I know Gtechniq have W5 Citrus APC, but works out expensive for smaller quantities and doesn't have a great shelf life (apparently) so 5l won't be worth it either if I have to bin more than half of it - maybe this is marketing to get you to buy it regularly?

Bilt Hamber Surfex HD looks better value but I can't find any info on whether its safe on ceramic coatings/Exo.

Which APC are you guys that is ceramic coating/Exo safe?

Spoke to Gtechniq about this. They said you'll only need to use the APC (neat) roughly around every 3 months (obvs soiling dependent - winter may be a bit more) in which case, they think a 500ml bottle will last about a year.

I find just using a shampoo that clears the “clogging” such as Carpro Reset works for me. I also use a citrus snow foam (GTechniq) but get the smaller 500ml. Have Gyeon APC at the mo, but diluted as don’t really have the need to use neat

Reactions: Frizzley and alpesh26
Yeah, I've got some Reset from when I had CQuartz on it. I guess I could use reset with a weaker dilution when the beading drops off. I use G Wash for normal washes

Reactions: NevMan
If you are in a hard water area using something like carpro descale every now and again a good shout. Plus surfex, korrosol or any other iron remover is fine with coatings

Reactions: alpesh26
SurfexHD has corrosion inhibitors in it, which would reduce the hydrophobic properties of the coating to a small degree. I would personally recommend Koch Chemie Green Star; it's cost effective, available in bulk and is safe and effective. It has no inhibitors present. I put 100ml of it in my snow foam gun alongside 100ml of my snow foam of choice, and while I know the snow foam I choose to use is particularly good, there was almost no dirt left on the car. Green Star absolutely kicked butt, and i'd much rather my coating lose a bit of durability over a swirled clear coat.

Reactions: alpesh26