ap coilovers

mclean1988

Reaction score
hey,

does anyone have any feedack on ap coilovers?? whats the ride like , durability etc?? is there any other worthwhile mods for these ?? adjustable top mounts / lcr top mounts etc ??

cheers for any advice

I have them with lcr top mounts. They do the job. I'm happy.
Doubt anyone has had loads of different setups so could compare, but plenty people have them.

Only con is the rears aren't very low and require adjusters to be removed

hey,

does anyone have any feedack on ap coilovers?? whats the ride like , durability etc?? is there any other worthwhile mods for these ?? adjustable top mounts / lcr top mounts etc ??

cheers for any advice

I run them on my A4 daily driver. For the money I really can't fault them. Make sure you keep a check on the threads and I recomend a blob of grease over the grub screw on the spring platform.

Mine have been on for a few years now and survived a good few track outings. A little harsh on the road but not unbearable

i had these on my previous fiesta and they were horrific imo. Ruined the car. Very crashy and over damped for uk roads.

The audi is far better build quality and heavier so they may be completely different...

Over the years I've run eibach's, JOM's, weitec's and AP's. Overall I definitely found the AP's best for day to day use, ride quality was really good. . . As Karl said tho, rears don't seem to go as low as some might like

I don't have AP Coilovers, but did pick up a set of the AP Soort shocks and springs from DPM.

I wouldn't want the rears any lower to be honest, and the fronts started off a bit high but are settling nicely after a month or so.

The ride is good, and the kit certainly looks well made.

AP did initially send the wrong rear shocks, but DPM sorted it out for me.

I recently bought some AP coilovers from Damian, the ride is excellent and the quality looks good. My only comment is the rears dont go low enough even if you move the blue cup things. I thought they would settle more but nope.

Has anyone got any side profile pics of their car on these. How low is not low enough? lol

Has anyone got any side profile pics of their car on these. How low is not low enough? lol

AP coil overs about as low as you can go without the camber being ruined and needing adjustable tie arms. 18 inch wheels and 225/40 tyres

It's not a bad ride height for my type of driving...but will go another 10-15mm as soon as my S3Dave tie arms arrive in February and that should be my set up complete :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 165
So could you go lower while keeping the adjusters in? Thats low enough for me. Think it looks good tbh

Fronts can definitely go lower, not 100% sure how much more lower they can go on the rear tbh without having to remove the adjusters.

Will have to double check next time she's on the ramps as I definitely will be taking her a tad lower to get that go kart feel :)