ap coilovers

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi does anyone no how the ap coilover kit feels like around the street and handles like on an s3 im getting one this week just wanting to no tar for any replys

They are essentially a KW variant 1 but using cheaper components. Needless to say they are pretty spot on, not crashy like eBay coilovers but stiffens the car up nicely compared to the oem setup. I fit these all the time and not had a single complaint.

ok mate thank u just wanted to get the picture of what im going to getting tar

A few members are running them gazz, really good reviews, i was going to buy a set until i got a set of kw variant 2 colies for £250 :).

AP's are known for not going low enough on the rear from what I have heard. Not sure if thats true just going from what I have read on forums from members who run them.

A few members are running them gazz, really good reviews, i was going to buy a set until i got a set of kw variant 2 colies for £250 :).

god thats not bad is it mate any more lol he wants £200 for these

AP's are known for not going low enough on the rear from what I have heard. Not sure if thats true just going from what I have read on forums from members who run them.

someone i no has an s3 with them on andlooks like it goes low enough for me like

aw fair enough, just going from a few TT boys running AP's. I run FK and on the rear they are adjusted to the about the mid point of the thread but the rear is really low on mine. Depend what you call low I suppose as I though my car was low and then seen some proper dubz guys and my ride height looked standard lol.

im going to try them anyway so ill post on what there like tar nat

The ap's don't go really low at the back but you can remove the adjuster platform and run it with just the rubber mount at the top and a plastic collar available from kw. This is how I ran my tt and many friends cars. There's no issue with the spring being 'loose' and falling out when you jack the car up, it's a tight fit. :)

The ap's don't go really low at the back but you can remove the adjuster platform and run it with just the rubber mount at the top and a plastic collar available from kw. This is how I ran my tt and many friends cars. There's no issue with the spring being 'loose' and falling out when you jack the car up, it's a tight fit. :)

ok cheer mate i myt try that tar

I run them on my A4, I've been very impressed so far and they've coped with track work brilliantly. Mine is too low at present all round and I want to bring it up by a good 15mm all round.

IMAG0039.jpg

I run AP coilies on my old Ibiza, TBH for £350 there ok, very hard and crashy, saying that the fronts we're lowered 60mm, the rears with the adjuster cups out were still to high so I packed the boot with some decent audio and an MDF box which took the whole boot, needless to say it went low enough lol.

I'm looking for a decent set of coilies for the A3 8P, decisions decisions!

iv got £250 im really wanting some this week but just cannot make my mind up with the back ones been like they are or do i just leave it and get a badger 3"tip emmmm

cheers troopa iv just been offered some for £200 5 month old in good nic just want the car to look the same alround owt else need doing wile i fit these tar

How low do you boys want to go!? If you go as low as you can on the APs you'll be catching the S3 front bumper and sump on speed bumps!

Also you have to remember that if you go below 20mm drop you will need a set of rear adjustable tie bars, which will set you back another £250.