AO09 NNN Audi RS3 Project

Great read. 531ps, not to be sniffed at!

19 years old, an RS3 and a lot of modifications. I'm jealous of the car and money being spent on it! Nice to see something like this being done though.

Has this been bought outright or is it on PCP or other finance options if you don't mind me asking?

Thought I recognised that plate! Seen you pass me the other day at Darnley. Car is stunning mate.

I've already been speaking to Hank and an IMS650/IMS730 kit is on the cards for later this year. Their IMS650 kit is supposedly the same spool as the TTE500, with more power. Borg Warner EFR magic with a custom manifold.

The limitation in the TTE500 is in the hot side manifold. EGT's get too high after a few pulls if you decide to run more boost, therefore deemed unsafe. Due to the turbo being a 'hybrid' it has to retain OEM fitting for everything, therefore they can only port the manifold so far to keep to OEM spec...

My car is currently running 1.6-1.7bar of boost. The spool comes on roughly around 750rpm later than stock.. You can't really notice it on the road unless you actually look for it, we've got a lovely kick down switch to thank for that.

The car is very fast, however a DSG map will be needed if you decide to go for higher power.

Some V-BOX verified figures..

0-60 - 3.2s

60-100 - 4.1s

62-124 - 7.8s

The 62-124 figures are equivalent to that of a C63 AMG (w204) at stage 1 power levels, circa 520bhp. Go figure..

I've fitted my RS6 rear discs. The brake balance is now perfect. No more nose diving. Very neutral feel now. Definitely not a placebo effect.. Anyone with the stock car will know how you need to prepare for an emergency plane landing when braking from high speed.. The issue is now completely gone. The snaking is also completely gone!! How it should have left the factory in my opinion. If you want to improve your braking this should be one of the first mods you should do..

I'm looking to buy some ceramics for the front, has anyone got any info as to what discs will fit? Been looking at an RS5 front setup.

Some pictures of the discs

Before

IMG_1904.JPG

After

IMG_1906.JPG

Mate fantastic work, I'm in the same vote as you although my car hasn't arrived yet, Ive got the forge intercooler, secondary cat deletes, quattro stickers here waiting for the car to arrive. I would have had it earlier had audi told me earlier they cancelled the bucket seats...

Anyway I love the RS6 brake discs you have, are you able to shed some light on them a little further? simple question is are they a direct fit, as in if I buy the discs will they be a swap without any other parts?

Many thanks and keep the fantastic work coming with the vehicle. I hear Oettinger are doing a 750 hp tune for it soon too!!!

Great write up... Nice one. I had an 8P RS 3 with a very similar setup plus meth. I ran a best time of 11.1@200kmh. There was a 10 in the 8P, but I didn't get too many track days. The 8V should be an easy 10 I think :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great sharing! I think DSG tuning of increasing rev limit will help improve 100-200 as RS3 need to upshift to 5th gear when 190+...but with TTE500, is ur rev limit increased due to bigger turbo? Thankd.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 LG-K430 發送

Need to post more on here!!

Those on instagram can follow me @Aoon_M I'm more active on the gram :)

Loads of bits I need to add to this thread..

Out with the old and in with the new.. Forge intercoolers been ditched and Wagner intercooler has been installed, the fit and quality of the Wagner intercooler is simply out of this world. Its a work of art! Looks beastly behind the grille.

Main reason for purchase is because of how good it looks behind the grille lol. The forge is trash in terms of aesthetics compared to the wagner...

IMG_3166.JPG
IMG_3164.JPG
IMG_3165.JPG
IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_3173.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_3160.JPG
IMG_3161.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG
IMG_3175.JPG
IMG_3176.JPG
IMG_3177.JPG
IMG_3178.JPG
IMG_3179.JPG

Reactions: Beebee-one and Arcam
I will update this thread as I remember stuff!

Ceramics are coming next month, and not just any ceramic setup... A very custom special/lightweight ceramic setup indeed ;)

It will retain the existing 8 pot calliper with a 370mm carbon ceramic 6kg disc. Thats all I can say for now! Stay tuned

Also, a bigger turbo is on the cards to break the 600bhp barrier. Testing is being done on this turbo as we speak, and it'll be a bolt on hybrid k16 'stock spool' turbo with 600bhp+ on pump fuel.

63mm compressor with a 79mm TiAL HTZ turbine and Xona rotor technology. All crammed into a k16!! Nuts!!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, L1ARR, SHOTTA GTR and 6 others

Ceramics are coming next month, and not just any ceramic setup... A very custom special/lightweight ceramic setup indeed ;)

It will retain the existing 8 pot calliper with a 370mm carbon ceramic 6kg disc. Thats all I can say for now! Stay tuned

Also, a bigger turbo is on the cards to break the 600bhp barrier. Testing is being done on this turbo as we speak, and it'll be a bolt on hybrid k16 'stock spool' turbo with 600bhp+ on pump fuel.

63mm compressor with a 79mm TiAL HTZ turbine and Xona rotor technology. All crammed into a k16!! Nuts!!

Looking forward to these updates on the ceramics & new turbo

Some form of brake cooling would not go amiss.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Spectacular mate. Can i ask what turbo it is? Im keen to go the next step from oettinger stage 1 with forge intercooler and intake pipe.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do ceramics need much cooling? I thought that was the point, that they perform well when hot.
Absolutely, yes they can take higher temp but heat still needs to be disapated. At elevated temps ccm discs loose material by oxidising, which is why ccm discs are checked for wear by weighing them.

The stock cast or aftermarket discs defo need extra cooling, not for street use but certainly for track.

Well as it stands the brakes currently get zero cooling from anywhere. What a stupid design.

Brake ducts are being worked on I can't share much but they will take air from the little triangles on each corner of front bumper and feed cool air via a duct to the brake shield. More info soon on this.

Yes ceramics do work better when they're hot but they still need to dissipate the heat one way or another and with the current design for cooling it's going to be a waste of 7/8k for ceramics if I cook them and ruin the discs on track!

I don't have any info on the turbo just now either it's a WIP and that's all I've been told. They will have final figures soon but looks promising so far keep bugging them for info I'll update this thread as I know more

Reactions: Arcam and Remarcabull
Well as it stands the brakes currently get zero cooling from anywhere. What a stupid design.

Brake ducts are being worked on I can't share much but they will take air from the little triangles on each corner of front bumper and feed cool air via a duct to the brake shield. More info soon on this.

Yes ceramics do work better when they're hot but they still need to dissipate the heat one way or another and with the current design for cooling it's going to be a waste of 7/8k for ceramics if I cook them and ruin the discs on track!

I don't have any info on the turbo just now either it's a WIP and that's all I've been told. They will have final figures soon but looks promising so far keep bugging them for info I'll update this thread as I know more
Cheers mate great hearing the developments. Might consider the brake mod if they make it commercially purchasable. Same with turbo.

thanks for updating your setup.

Love it.

OEM brakes are XXXXXXX :notworking:

I am on 2nd front discs set ( thanks to audi ) after arguing a lot.

You don't need to track the car to see how bad they dissipate heat.

regards

I see you say you are 19, I will be 20 when I hope to get one.

Would it be rude to ask what your insurance is and who with?

Totally agree about the cooling for the standard brakes. They are fine for about 80% of your general fast road use but once you go beyond that the brakes really struggle to dissipate the heat build up - spongey pedal and horrible grinding noise soon follows! The crazy one handed rotor design just adds to the problem but anything that helps to add extra cooling would be a good thing.

When you look at the size of the discs and the massive 8 pot caliper as standard fitment to the RS3, you kind of expect something pretty impressive from them. Now let me be clear on what I am trying to say before people start typing a reply, I am not saying that I think the standard brakes are bad, I just think that their performance is not CONSISTENT enough given the performance capability of the RS3. Turn up the wick with some tuning, or use the car on a track and I would be definitely looking to upgrade pads as a minimum, or something more substantial like the proposed disc upgrades found in some of the threads on this forum.

Aoon: - Good to have you posting again and looking forward to your thread updates.

Reactions: D0C
Not a track car though to be fair, fast road use imho.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I dont even think the brakes are sufficient for fast road use lol. How can no air cooling + two left hand brake discs suffice?

Each to their own though, we all drive our cars differently and have different expectations

Perhaps they are good enough for 367bhp? I wouldn't know, I've hardly drove the car stock.

Reactions: Remarcabull
I dont even think the brakes are sufficient for fast road use lol. How can no air cooling + two left hand brake discs suffice?

Each to their own though, we all drive our cars differently and have different expectations

Perhaps they are good enough for 367bhp? I wouldn't know, I've hardly drove the car stock.
Very keen to see the cooling solution you get installed. I need this aswell

I'm not actually allowed to show you this lol. I might get into trouble :busted cop: This is a very ugly prototype but you get the idea. If I could ask you guys not to share this around into other forums etc just yet.. It will be a commercially available solution and I'll update you guys once ready :)

14233842_1151265384935394_1138142491_o.jpg
14285007_1151273568267909_2024868267_o.jpg

Reactions: Arcam
I'm not actually allowed to show you this lol. I might get into trouble :busted cop: This is a very ugly prototype but you get the idea.

14233842_1151265384935394_1138142491_o.jpg
14285007_1151273568267909_2024868267_o.jpg
If its an easy fit thats awesome

Thats the idea, it wouldn't really get any easier. You'd need to change your brake shields over and route the duct over through to the triangles on each side of the bumper

Reactions: Arcam
Thats the idea, it wouldn't really get any easier. You'd need to change your brake shields over and route the duct over through to the triangles on each side of the bumper
Sweet! I am defo up for some of that please.

Well I did say up to 80% of the cars capability, Anything beyond depends on how hard you are driving it and how much life is left in the stock brakes & pads. Not many cars running 367bhp (maybe some early ones), most seem to be producing between 380/390bhp stock - which only makes the brakes have to work even harder. A simple pad swap is normally good enough for most road going test pilots, but for the more 'enthusiastic' owners a different solution will be needed.
And no, I wouldn't track the car with the standard brakes either, good for a few corners and then..... straight on at the chicane! Even some of the press cars that were used on the track had ceramics fitted.

I was looking at the front lower grill/bumper the other day and wondering why Audi have not used the space to include some improved air flow to the braking components.
Your prototype looks like a great idea - looking forward to seeing it fitted to the car.

I've had no problems "on the road" is all I meant. Completely understand you are taking yours to another level so brakes etc will need an upgrade. If mine stays beyond the warranty period I will take her up to 500hp so this thread is very interesting for me anyway!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I like the brake cooling aoon I want in on that when its ready keep the chat updated on that one too

Reactions: Aoon_M
Laszlo @ 034 is taking great care of me. I should have the 034 motorsports MQB platform rear sway bar shortly to test fit, also, PPH Motoring are sending me their intake now so I'm sending my current air box to 034 motorsports in the states so they can work on a solution for the RS3 8V.

PPH Motoring Audi RS3 (8V) High Flow Intake

I have the car back now and the TTE500 turbo has now all been installed and is up and running. I was surprised to notice the car drives around very normally (keeping off boost) there is no noticeable lag or torque decrease etc. Its going to be a long 10 days driving around off boost!

Some new stoppers.. For the rear
smile.png
Looking forward to seeing how this helps with the nose dive/snaking situation
blink.png

Audi RS7 rear drilled wavy rotors 356x22mm

To those who think these are just in the looks department, you're wrong. The larger diameter of the RS7 rotor coupled with the stock caliper gives it more braking force that is available to stop a wheel, just like using a longer wrench makes it easier to break a frozen bolt loose.

To those who think you can't increase braking on the rear as it would mess up the brake bias... Wrong again. The ABS/TCU manage the braking. In this case, as the stock calliper is retained the ABS/TCU control systems remain unaffected as the ABS sensor compares wheel speed to road speed to judge the wheel being locked up. As slip is detected the ABS sensors trigger relaxing the brake pressure to individual wheels as that wheel approaches lock up.

Another plus point is that they're aluminium opposed to the standard steel ones that like to rust in 0.123 seconds in our climate.

IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG

The plinth behind my grill has now been removed.. Much better. P3Cars gauge suggests it was robbing me of a minimum of an extra 3-4°C above ambient. Guess the number plate definitely won't be going back on the grille now then!
police3.gif

IMG_1669.JPG

I've also now bought a RaceLogic V-BOX! About time!

I have access to an APR stage 1 RS3 8V tomorrow so I'll post some times up
up_it.png

IMG_1685.JPG
you Sir have given me a reason to spend more money :p I need 356mm rear discs in my life haha! already running front Porsche cayennes from the newer cayenne and mines a bit snakey with the 310's on the rear!

Great stuff , I want one of the p3 cars gauges for my 8p s3 but £500 and then there will be customs on top .

Mega car this, must be one of the finest in the UK...

Any update on the brake cooling upgrade?