Anyone's SAT NAV keeps bringing them to 'blocked' 'short cut' routes all the time?

KXL

Reaction score
So I've noticed that the built in Sat Nav (especially when it tries to re-route around traffic) more than 3 times in a single journey, brought me to a 'short cut' that is actually access only for cycles or pedestrians. It used to do it before, also to avoid traffic but I thought it was a one off. Anyone experienced this, or you all use GoogleMaps via AA? Anyone's one also does this?

Best to use waze tbh, more uptodate on roads & shortcuts.

Yes, the MMI has dropped me right into the middle of road closures a few times. There doesn’t seem to be an option to re-route or detour.

I have actually found that CarPlay is the better option and is now my default. Apple Maps have come a long way since I last tried it and includes speed limit indicators (I don’t have that option on the Audi) and verbal warnings of known cameras.

I’ve had the sat nav brought me to a road that had a river running across it. It was a fully legit single track road but was I hell gonna drive across even though it was only an inch or 2 deep. Even the locals said they don’t use that road and at times of the year it’s more like a wet road rather than a river. Had to reverse for what felt like a mile before I could turn around.
can’t trust these satnavs, get the old school paper maps out :wink:. even google maps just the other day took me across these farm/mud roads to get to a camp site when there were much better roads to use.

I use Google Maps or Waze, I just wish it was integrated better into the MMI and virtual cockpit.

I use Google Maps or Waze, I just wish it was integrated better into the MMI and virtual cockpit.
That’s the reason I use the built in system with CarPlay as a back up on the rare occasion that the Audi maps lead me astray.

It’s also worth knowing that the car is able to make better choices when it knows where you are going. Eg for the auto-gearbox models, it selects regen or coasting depending on whether you will be turning at a junction or passing by.