Anyone work in retail? Pets at home ideally!

S32B

Reaction score
Hi, I noticed today that my led Fluval aquarium light unit isn't working as it should (it should have weather effects to simulate cloud cover etc), however, it's stuck with white/red led lights on. I looked at my receipt and it was bought late September 2017 from Pets at Home, it came with a 3 year warranty, so still under warranty for 3 months :icon thumright:

So who do I contact to get it replaced Pets at Home or Fluval? Both open at 9am in the Morning, but typically I need to pop to work tomorrow for a few hours...first time since mid March!

Oh and the model I have they don't make anymore, they upgraded it to V2, so can I expect a straight replacement for the later model? If buying now it would be £6 more than what I paid at the time.

Thanks in advance

Usually with faults (retail) you'd go back to who sold it to you, so in this case Pets at Home. Whenever I've had faults they've always said go back to who sold it to you (as your "contract" is with them, pets at home will then get a replacement from fruval)

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
Yeah I did think that, but wasn’t sure if that just covered the first year as a standard warranty, as it’s over 2.5 years old I thought they may try to pass the book! I’ll try PAH first, it’s not like they are a small corner pet shop

Sent using Tapatalk

Just phoned PAH, 1st year is with them after that it’s with Fluval!!!

Sent using Tapatalk

Contract of sale is with pets, they're legally responsible to provide the warranty, however companies often pass it to manufacturers, I'd ring fluval, state case I'm sure they'll swap out easily.