Anyone with the DTUK 3 products for the 50 TDI A7

A7Vorsprung

Reaction score
Waiting eagerly for the A7 Vorsprung delivery next week.

I've ordered the following from DTUK:
CRD3+ (APP) tunebox
PEDALBOX PLUS (APP)
TCU+ GEARBOX FLASH

I've had an experience with the pedalbox on a Jaguar XJL 3.0 diesel. It was a positive experience. Made the car feel a lot faster. Pulls quicker, and needing minimal accelerator press.

Anyone with experience of the triple combo?

All I’m going to say is that jumping straight into tuning the new A7 is very brave, considering it’s a brand new model, not without some challenges (mainly gearbox related)

There goes your warranty. Good luck! :racer:

Reactions: BD55SOL and A7Vorsprung
All I’m going to say is that jumping straight into tuning the new A7 is very brave, considering it’s a brand new model, not without some challenges (mainly gearbox related)

There goes your warranty. Good luck! :racer:
You are right RAF.
I might use the gearbox tune after 2 months, the pedal box after 1 month. I will delay using the engine tune box for a while.

I will keep on checking this thread for any user's reviews.

Thanks for your advise.

I have experience with the gearbox tune. It makes a difference but not as much as I thought it would.

I did want to also get the DTUK box but since my cars been with Audi for 4 weeks I don't know what's going to happen with it.

When you do install the DTUK Box let me know how you find it!

I have experience with the gearbox tune. It makes a difference but not as much as I thought it would.

I did want to also get the DTUK box but since my cars been with Audi for 4 weeks I don't know what's going to happen with it.

When you do install the DTUK Box let me know how you find it!

I have experience in another car with the pedal box, it has transformed the car and the accelerator response.
Given that the car will be new, and would need a break in period, I might not install them immediately.
I remember seeing a youtube video about the A7, that even manual shifting doesn't improve the lag.

Today I have collected an A8 (50 TDI) as a courtesy car till I collect the A7.
In my short journey home, I found that the lag is huge compared to my Jag.
I didn't like the airsuspension as well, it doesn't float in comfort mode like the Jag (despite the Jag being only rear wheel airsuspension)
I guess time will tell.

Waiting eagerly for the A7 Vorsprung delivery next week.

I've ordered the following from DTUK:
CRD3+ (APP) tunebox
PEDALBOX PLUS (APP)
TCU+ GEARBOX FLASH

I've had an experience with the pedalbox on a Jaguar XJL 3.0 diesel. It was a positive experience. Made the car feel a lot faster. Pulls quicker, and needing minimal accelerator press.

Anyone with experience of the triple combo?

I have all 3 on my a4 272

Same engine as yours just slightly detuned version in a lighter body

The tuning box itself is from tdi tuning but the pedal box Is dtuk with the tcu being tmc motorsport (the same dtuk use)

Overall all 3 work together seamlessly.

I'm considering a full remap however as I want to get the most out of my car and I still find my gearbox does have its annoying moments.

I'm sure you'll be very satisfied as the a7 is a big car, I want to upgrade to one myself but not happy with the engine choices. Hoping the next s7 is tdi from the sq5 as that will feel more like a step up rather than going onto the 50tdi which is essentially the same as my car stock albeit in a heavier body.

You should also get closer to 5 seconds with the tune and mid range torque especially on the motorway is silly fast.

It feels like your on a plane about to take off and it's really smooth, in some ways the motorway punch feels more potent than accelerating from lower speeds.

Economy is also a huge plus.

Reactions: A7Vorsprung
Hi Syed123
Thanks for your detailed input.
My only concern is that it is not clear whether it will void the warranty.
From driving the A8 50 tdi again last night, this engine has so much potential. Hence the tuning.

Hi Syed123
Thanks for your detailed input.
My only concern is that it is not clear whether it will void the warranty.
From driving the A8 50 tdi again last night, this engine has so much potential. Hence the tuning.

No worries :)

Well the tuning box and pedal box can be unplugged and shouldn't leave any traces

The tcu on the other hand isn't visible to the dealer according to tmc motorsport.

Either way if you need any warranty work doing just unplug the mods and then put back in once done.

Yeah it's a great engine, believe me with all 3 mods the car will feel special.

What's the v6 tdi like compared to the jaguar v6 diesel?

I've sat in a range rover sport tdv6 with around 300bhp and that moves for such a large car

The Jag diesel 3.0 is a very good engine.
Torque is 700 nm, power 300 bhp
It is never stressed, very responsive in dynamic mode but laggy as heel in comfort mode. There is no individual mode.
Every time I reach my destination I can smell the tyres even if I drive carefully, just so much torque.

The v6 tdi sounds and feel faster when the turbo spools. But frustrating to get to the spooling part. I feel it is restricted intentionally by Audi for emission sake.

But it is a one day drive in a loaned car from Audi dealership.
Can't wait for the delivery of the A7.
Likely delivery on Monday or Tuesday.
The delay is because of the Brexit panic.
Best time to buy is now, as prices might soar.

The v6 tdi sounds and feel faster when the turbo spools. But frustrating to get to the spooling part. I feel it is restricted intentionally by Audi for emission sake.

Surprising that I'd expect the jag to feel faster seeing it has more torque?

Either way the a7 should reach similar figures once tuned so that'll be good then.

What's the spec and monthly payments if Ur doing lease or pcp if you don't mind me asking?

I specced a vorsprung edition to over 80k on the configurator!

Also did you spec air suspension? Really interested to see how the a7 rides with big alloys

The a4 I have has adaptive sport suspension which for the most part is very good. Almost feels wafty at times in comfort.

I speced a vorsprung edition to over 80k on the configurator!

Must admit I’ve been pretty taken aback at the pricing of the new A7. My fully loaded S7 cost me £64k when I bought brand new back in 2016.

Ive been holding out for the S/RS models, but if their pricing is closing the £100k mark, there is no way I can justify spending that amount. Unfortunately :sorrow:

What's the spec and monthly payments if Ur doing lease or pcp if you don't mind me asking?

Also did you spec air suspension? Really interested to see how the a7 rides with big alloys

The a4 I have has adaptive sport suspension which for the most part is very good. Almost feels wafty at times in comfort.

It is PCP. If you apply via CARWOW, you get it around £64k.
£500 deposit, £940 pcm for 4 years.

It is a Vorsprung so it has:
Laser HD Matrix beam
HUD
Full leather (not leatherette)
Supersport seats
Black pack
Bottomed perforated steering wheel
Airsuspension
4 wheel steering
All the driving assistance
360 degree camera
Heated front and rear seats
Privacy glass
4 zones air condition
Extended ambient lighting
21 inch wheels
Plus a lot more

Hope that helps

Laser HD Matrix beam
HUD
Supersport seats
Black pack
Airsuspension
4 wheel steering
360 degree camera
Privacy glass
4 zones air condition
21 inch wheels
Plus a lot more

Hope that helps
That’s a very nicely speced car your getting there!
£64k discounted is much more acceptable :racer:

Must admit I’ve been pretty taken aback at the pricing of the new A7. My fully loaded S7 cost me £64k when I bought brand new back in 2016.

Ive been holding out for the S/RS models, but if their pricing is closing the £100k mark, there is no way I can justify spending that amount. Unfortunately :sorrow:

Wow haven't the prices gone up!

Same, if there is no fast diesel option I wanted to go all out and go for an rs7

Unfortunately it will most certainly be over the 100k mark when you look at rivals like the Mercedes amg gt which is like 135k!

Laser HD Matrix beam
HUD
Supersport seats
Black pack
Airsuspension
4 wheel steering
360 degree camera
Privacy glass
4 zones air condition
21 inch wheels
Plus a lot more

Hope that helps

That's a similar to spec to what I chose on the configurator, I'm not surprised by the high monthlies cause I was told by Audi to expect 1k a month for a highly specced version.

I wonder if there's ways to get the monthlies lower on pcp?

I know carwow will get some discount but I wonder if it could go down to around 800 a month..

It could go down if you increase the deposit.

I meant by perhaps a better deal, the rare ones that do come sometimes but then they go.

I was quoted 900 a month plus on a 3k deposit!

N I personally wouldn't have more than 3k to put down so I think you've done very well with just a 500 deposit.

Which dealer did you place the order with?

I own a 50TDI A7 and have just purchased the DTE Pedal Box , I’ll let you know how the instillation and results go!

Attachments

• 3AF7DDD2-7BBF-4139-A072-E502DD66D9BF.jpeg
    3AF7DDD2-7BBF-4139-A072-E502DD66D9BF.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 341
I own a 50TDI A7 and have just purchased the DTE Pedal Box , I’ll let you know how the instillation and results go!

What a beautiful car you have got!
I will wait eagerly for your insight about the pedal box, and the car itself.

Reactions: lpjn
Surprising that I'd expect the jag to feel faster seeing it has more torque?

Either way the a7 should reach similar figures once tuned so that'll be good then.

Hey! I have 20's on Air Suspension and it rides.. OK.

I only say OK because I have been in a similar spec'd mercedes with it's air suspension and found that far more superior, the A7 has an identification problem - it lets you spec air but audi insist on keeping the dampers hard, you don't float along as great as you'd like. It is a gripe of mine. HOWEVER - on the motorway it's a different beast, combined with the acoustic glass and it's a perfect cruiser! Trust me! :)

This is my 2018 A7 S-Line spec for comparison:
PCP deal. £64.5k list price.
£4000 deposit, £550 pcm for 4 years.

HD Matrix LED
Dynamic indicators all round
Leather/Alcantara
Extended leatherette pack
360 degree camera
Parking system front and rear
Keyless Go
Storage Pack
Heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Privacy glass
2 zone air condition
21 inch wheels
B&O Comfort and Sound pack

This is my 2018 A7 S-Line spec for comparison:
PCP deal. £64.5k list price.
£4000 deposit, £550 pcm for 4 years.

HD Matrix LED
Dynamic indicators all round
Leather/Alcantara
Extended leatherette pack
360 degree camera
Parking system front and rear
Keyless Go
Storage Pack
Heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Privacy glass
2 zone air condition
21 inch wheels
B&O Comfort and Sound pack

My car's RRP is 78k, but I got it for 64k.
We should have similar payments, I assume your balloon payment is bigger?

I will collect the car tomorrow evening.
My impression will be in few days.

Reactions: RAF_S7
I received the car.
Initial impression: The look is astonishing. No video or photo can mimic how beautiful this car is.
I am most impressed with the ride. On 21 inch in comfort is definitely significantly smoother than the A8 on 20 inch!! I can't understand why.
The composure of the car on the turns is very nice (obviously more fun than the A8)
The brake is good, but I had more confidence on the A8 (maybe because the pads are new and need time to bed in)
Those are the obvious findings from my half an hour drive.
Other areas on reviewing the car will need more time to come to a meaningful feel about them before expressing my thoughts.

Oh, the super sport seats look nice, but very poor adjustments available. Heck the extended thigh bit is manual:frown new:
Couldn't get how the auxiliary heating work. Any idea?
Where is the auto parking? I guess it doesn't have the option.
The full leather pack is sumptuous.

I received the car.
Initial impression: The look is astonishing. No video or photo can mimic how beautiful this car is.
I am most impressed with the ride. On 21 inch in comfort is definitely significantly smoother than the A8 on 20 inch!! I can't understand why.
The composure of the car on the turns is very nice (obviously more fun than the A8)
The brake is good, but I had more confidence on the A8 (maybe because the pads are new and need time to bed in)
Those are the obvious findings from my half an hour drive.
Other areas on reviewing the car will need more time to come to a meaningful feel about them before expressing my thoughts.

Oh, the super sport seats look nice, but very poor adjustments available. Heck the extended thigh bit is manual:frown new:
Couldn't get how the auxiliary heating work. Any idea?
Where is the auto parking? I guess it doesn't have the option.
The full leather pack is sumptuous.

Glad your enjoying the new car!

I didn’t think auxiliary heating was an option for the UK market?....

John.

Thanks RAF
The auxiliary heating can be seen in the specification of the vorsprung in the configurator and in myaudi app specifications for my VIN identified car.
I am going to work shortly, I will have a better look later.

Glad your are enjoying the car!
FYI - the car being able to park itself is an extra, ie, the "park assist" option. It can't be ordered in combination with comfort and sound pack...