Anyone with front camber mounts?

FaisalFazeli

@S333FSL
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive recently bought rotiform ind 19" 8.5J et45 wheels and as im on air (V2 airlift), i cannot get the front to go as low and the tyres (215/35/19) are putting too much pressure on the arch.. So i have two choices, first is to get front camber mounts and this will allow the wheel to tuck in (hopefully).. second option is to machine down the inner wheel so its like et35 and will tuck in more...

So wanted to ask if any of you got front camber mounts and got pics to show how much camber it gives.
The camber top mounts i most likely will buy are: http://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-adjustable-camber-plates-for-mk5-mk6-chassis

Thanks in advance

What is the current front alignment measurements. A load of neg camber to clear the arches is not a fix in my book.

Reactions: FaisalFazeli and S3Alex
Bazzle is right.

This is what we did with mine,not to lower the car but as a part of a full suspension rebuild.

That's about 2degrees negative and is about as far as is useful for handling without wrecking the inner aspect of the tyres.

IE make some very good parts.

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
If you machine 10mm off the backface of the wheel the wheel break off. Unless it's an unusual wheel with a very thick bolted area (but this would require longer bolts as if you are running spacers).

Reactions: FaisalFazeli and S3Alex
@Bazzle and @c_w

Exactly... A kludge will always be just that.

Do things properly and for the right reasons.

Hi Guys,

Ive recently bought rotiform ind 19" 8.5J et45 wheels and as im on air (V2 airlift), i cannot get the front to go as low and the tyres (215/35/19) are putting too much pressure on the arch.. So i have two choices, first is to get front camber mounts and this will allow the wheel to tuck in (hopefully).. second option is to machine down the inner wheel so its like et35 and will tuck in more...

So wanted to ask if any of you got front camber mounts and got pics to show how much camber it gives.
The camber top mounts i most likely will buy are: http://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-adjustable-camber-plates-for-mk5-mk6-chassis

Thanks in advance

Forget about the machining the wheels idea bro, stick with the camber top mounts if I were you ....

Thanks guys for your advice! I have ordered the camber top mounts from integrated engineering.

I was confused on your point Bazzle, negative camber on the front you guys are saying is not safe? or too much?
Its just i have slam struts and they do not come with camber mounts, whereas the performance struts do. With these camber mounts it would be just as the same as performance struts (which are designed to give better handling aswell..)

im only after like 1-2 degrees, and these camber mounts are upto 3 degrees and well recommended.

Thanks again guys

Bazzle is right.

This is what we did with mine,not to lower the car but as a part of a full suspension rebuild.

That's about 2degrees negative and is about as far as is useful for handling without wrecking the inner aspect of the tyres.

IE make some very good parts.

Sorry just saw your comment under the picture, this looks more then enough, so i will set it at just under 2 degrees, did this improve the handling?