Anyone with Extended wheel locking bolts.

amoani

Reaction score
Hey all i have a set of 15mm hubc spacers on the rear of my S3. I have got the bolts that were supplied with the spacers but none of them are locking. Has anyone got a part number or somewhere that you can buy online as im not having much luck finding any. Thanks

Aaron

Not available I dont think. Try maguard, maybe, you need an M14 1.5/s thread.

I emailed mcguard but they didnt get back to me. Surely people must have locking bolts, otherwise thier will be untold S3's with unsecured wheels front and back!!??

28017 is the McGard part number that I've got with my 15mm spacers. They are a 45mm wheelnut designed for a Mercedes van according to the packet! Although they are 3mm longer than the original 27mm bolts + 15mm spacer, they don't stick out the back of the hub and foul the discs, so they're fine.

28025 was a closer match for length at 41mm, but they are now discontinued I believe.

when i bought 16mm hubcentric spacers for my S3 a place called PRI racing supplied me with the bolts and McGard locking nuts (extended of course), i had to cut down the fronts.

their contact details are

www.priracing.com

or email them at sales@priracing.com

they will cost you about £30 ish.
hope this helps

I should be getting them delivered tomorrow. I went to the mcgard website (http://www.mcgard.com/) and looked up the ones that i needed and then ordered from demon tweeks.

Thanks for the info chaps. But be aware anyone reading this, you need to double check what bolt seat you require as Tooks codes are both for a radius seat and i wanted a 60 degree straight chamfer. Thanks again.

Aaron

That maguard number, is that for the round headed bolts, (ie stock VAG style) or tapered bolts like the aftermarket wheels tend to have?

The numbers I supplied above are both for Radius (round head/OEM type) bolts.

Sorry amoani, I didn't realise you wanted chamfered!!

Glad you're sorted now!

simch said:
That maguard number, is that for the round headed bolts, (ie stock VAG style) or tapered bolts like the aftermarket wheels tend to have?

To summarise:

M14x1.5x40mm 60degree chamfered (i.e. Tapered): 27183

M14x1.5x41mm radius 2 (i.e. Rounded): 28025

M14x1.5x45mm radius 2 (i.e. Rounded): 28017

Aaron