Anyone with an S3 in the North West?

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone on here has a remapped 300 bhp S3 in the North West (preferrably near Preston)? Wanted to see what the car was like and maybe get a ride in it as a passenger.

I sold my A3 TDI last year and got a golf R32. Its a great car but it feels like it needs a bit more power. WIth it being n/a its a ****** to tune without paying lots of money (but am considering this also):salute:. Took it around Spa Francorchamps last yr and it was awesome fun. Here are some pics of me at the Bus stop chicane (taken properly!) and Eau Rouge at the bottom.

SDI_1.jpg

SDI_2.jpg

SDI_3.jpg

SDI_4.jpg

This has made me wonder about upgrading to the S3 which can be tuned to over 300 bhp much cheaper and is about the same size as the R32 but a bit quicker. Been a member on here a while so hoping someone can help.

Thanks

cooky

John,the last pic is very good thanks for sharing

Go and get a test drive from a dealer.

Mark

yeah, I could do this, but you never get to give it the beans with the stealers.

Actually was hoping someone in the NW may have even remapped it to over 300bhp so I can really see what that would be like.

yeah, I could do this, but you never get to give it the beans with the stealers.

Why, always a been a pleasant pastime scaring salesmen, on the right roads of course. Ask for an extended drive for a few hours on your own,if you push them they will let you.

Mark

nobody on here got a remapped S3 in the NW to show a fellow member?!!?

john im in preston with a black 8p s3 - its std at the minute but im having it fully sorted out in the coming 2 weeks or so (just had a baby so its not something i can do quickly) - anyway pm me ur mobile no. if u want m8. whereabouts r u?

i live in Lytham. Are you getting it remapped in the next 2 wks??

Would be cool to see how it is compared to the R32. I'm in no rush so when ever is convenient for yourself silverlogic. Cheers dude.

yep should be - just figuring out the giac - revo conundrum, and then its wheels, suspension, chip and possibly a tbe but still pondering that too