Anyone with 18" rotor alloys and spacers?

TommyH88

Reaction score
Just bought some 12mm rear and 10mm front h&r spacers from Dpm for my s3 sportback facelift and wondered if anyone has any pictures of a similar setup fitted with the 18" rotor alloys?

Quick question for ya, do 10-12mm spacers require longer bolts?

Just bought some 12mm rear and 10mm front h&r spacers from Dpm for my s3 sportback facelift and wondered if anyone has any pictures of a similar setup fitted with the 18" rotor alloys?
What width are the wheels? What et are they? This will all have an effect on where they sit.

I don't no they are genuine Audi 18" rotor wheels that Come on my 2012 S3 sportback

They will be 18x7.5J ET54 afaik.

Plz post some pictures of your car when the spacers are fitted :)

Hopefully they don't scrub or the spacers will be coming off

Well with the 12mm spacers on the back and lowered on h&r springs I got scrub age on the rear with just me in the car lol

ca3570b9d1507c1fb507ce2ec4b55d1c.jpg

Going to go down to 10mm spacers on the rear now and 8mm on front

12mm too much? I've got 15's
On order

Seems to be on mine yes with h&r springs as it scrubs on bumps with just me and no passengers

Ah, mines standard s line suspension so should be ok.

Well with the 12mm spacers on the back and lowered on h&r springs I got scrub age on the rear with just me in the car lol

Mine are 18x8 ET42. That's 12.5mm more poke than your wheels even with the spacers...so why it scrubs I don't know.

If we take 18x8 ET45 as 'perfect' fitment which guarantees no scrub (which it does) you're still 9.5mm inside the arch from there.

Either that or my calculation is totally wrong.

I don't no what it scrubs on but it def scrubbed over bumps with just me as a passenger. This is how low it sits and with spacers on

That looks nice and not overly low. I often read people taken a certain screw out of the arch (assume at 12oclock positon) when going low.

I removed that and still scrubbed. With 2 people in back the whole tyre is in arch

As I say, unless my maths is way off I'm struggling to see why its scrubbing even with the arch screw removed.

I know you'd assume if you're lowered (as yours is) that it would rub more but in actual fact a lower (and therefore stiffer spring) can reduce scrub because it takes more energy to compress the spring and make the tyre hit the arch.

Ok, I'm not taking the p1ss but they are 12mm spacers and not 15mm or more right?

A side note, your car is beautiful and obviously in the best colour (mines ibis white too lol)!

Mines Suzuka grey yeah def 12mm. Will remove the screw and try again tonight lol

Mines Suzuka grey yeah def 12mm. Will remove the screw and try again tonight lol

The car in the pic is ibis white? If not I need an eye test...desperately!

Yeah remove the screw and try again. Genuinely though, I'm stumped as to why the tyre is hitting...

Someone hasn't put Audi A4 18x8J ET43 rotors on before you bought the car have they??

I not sure. The car has only done 29k and is 2012 plate with full Audi history. Yeah the car is Suzuka grey not ibis white lol

Some information for you that may help. I can confirm everything I mention is accurate as I have the same model S3 and the original 5 arm rotors it came with.

The OEM Audi S3 5 arm rotor wheel specs are 18 x 7.5 ET54.
When I had these wheels on my car, I ran them with a 15mm spacer with no issues.
That being said, the spacers were AT THE FRONT WHEELS ONLY. NOT THE BACK.
Yes, you will need custom longer bolts made up.

The wheels are currently off the car in storage so I was able to double check this by looking on the inside of the wheels.

Best way to know accurately your wheel specs is to take one wheel off and look on the inside of the wheel. You should see "18x7.5 ET54."

Screenshot 2015 12 03 11 57 53 1

Last edited:
Ah u aren't running spacers on the back that's why yours doesn't scrub. The front doesn't scrub it's only the back with 12mm spacers.