Anyone using aem boost gauge, I have issues.

S

sambryant

I have not long bought a electronic aem boost gauge but having issues. When I crank the car over the gauge cuts power and loses its saved calibration. Now with fitting you have 3 wires, ground, ignition and live.
I have my ground wired into one of the ground points under the dash. Then I take the ignition from the yellow power point under the dash. The live from the live power point under the dash. To me this all seems correct.
Why is it the gauge still switches off for a split second on start up? Idle reads 5psi due to the power issue.
Help

I have not long bought a electronic aem boost gauge but having issues. When I crank the car over the gauge cuts power and loses its saved calibration. Now with fitting you have 3 wires, ground, ignition and live.
I have my ground wired into one of the ground points under the dash. Then I take the ignition from the yellow power point under the dash. The live from the live power point under the dash. To me this all seems correct.
Why is it the gauge still switches off for a split second on start up? Idle reads 5psi due to the power issue.
Help
must be a switched live mine does exactly the same did state on box will not calibrate properly without permanent switched live mines not aem though! Try diffrent live!

Try taking a temporary live direct from the battery and see if the issue persists... if it does then its likely an issue with the gauge itself...

<tuffty/>

Thanks guys.
Paul I was always under the impression that the Power point under the dash supplied a permanent live? There are 1 yellow point (ignition live) 3 red (tried all 3 with same issue)

Thanks guys.
Paul I was always under the impression that the Power point under the dash supplied a permanent live? There are 1 yellow point (ignition live) 3 red (tried all 3 with same issue)

Trying to eliminate any voltage drop issues you may have... it should be permanent under there but clearly there is something thats causing the gauge to have a wobbler... you don't drive the car much during the week IIRC? low battery voltage won't be helping... I have similar issues (although my battery goes dead after 3 days...) and I occasionally get a fault code pop up to do with low voltage...

As Nick says... test with a volt meter but a wire from the battery is direct from source so will give you some ideas at least...

<tuffty/>