Anyone used www.rnsecoding.co.uk before?

bugwhizz

Reaction score
Hi all

Just got myself an rnse to fit to my 53 plate B6 A4 and was looking into the coding side of things when i stumbled upon this site, has anyone used them before??, it's cheap enough at less than a fiver so could be promising?.

I have full genuine vcds but have never coded an item to a car yet, or coded the car for an item.

Any suggestions on this sites succes rate would be nice

cheers all
Graeme

Why bother, most people on here could easily tell you the coding and many websites have the info you need.

Seems like money for old rope to me....

Coding
0?xxxxx: Model 1 = Lamborghini
2 = Audi A3 (8P)
3 = Audi A4 (8E)
4 = Audi A4 Cabriolet (8H)
5 = Audi A6 (4B)
6 = Audi TT (8J)
7 = Audi R8 (42)

0x?xxxx: Treble Speaker Monitoring inactive 0 = Front Treble Speaker Monitoring inactive active (NOT Audi A4 Cabriolet)
1 = Front Treble Speaker Monitoring inactive inactive (ONLY Audi A4 Cabriolet)

0xx?xxx: Sound Characteristic 0 = Sound Characteristic linear
1 = Audi A4 (8E)
2 = Audi A6 (4B)
3 = Audi A4 Cabriolet (8H)
4 = Audi TT (8J)
5 = Audi A3 (8P)
9 = Sound System

0xxx?xx: Telephone/Telematic 1 = Telephone not installed (Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone active)
2 = Base Plate (Temic - Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
3 = Base Plate (Cullmann - Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
4 = Base Plate (Nokia - Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
5 = Telematic Europa (Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
6 = Telematic US (Remote Feed Voltage for Microphone inactive)
7 = Base Plate diagnostic capable with Comfort Control

0xxxx?x: Equipment I 1 = Tuner not installed
2 = Digital-Radio installed
3 = Satellite-Radio installed
4 = Satellite and Digital-Radio installed
5 = Analog Input (AUX) installed
7 = Satellite-Radio & Analog Input (AUX) installed

0xxxxx?: Equipment II 1 = TV-Tuner/CD-Changer/Multi-Function Steering Wheel not installed
2 = TV-Tuner installed
3 = CD-Changer installed
4 = TV-Tuner and CD-Changer installed
5 = Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed
6 = TV-Tuner and Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed
7 = CD-Changer and Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed
8 = TV-Tuner and CD-Changer and Multi-Function Steering Wheel installed

Hi Craig, thanks for the input, it all seems quite straightforward so this is what i have:-

2003/53 Audi A4
symphony 2 currently fitted.

I will be fitting all these below , at the same time:-

RNSE
cd changer
bluetooth (genuine )

so by my working out, the navigation (stg56) coding should be 0301?13, i have put the ? in there because i am unsure of this, i will be fitting bluetooth only ie no cradle so what would that digit equate to??

With regards to the instrument cluster coding, from info i have picked up on various sites it would be stg17 -adaption-function10-channel62-add + 4 to current value, does this sound right?, i already have full DIS if this helps.

Cheers for help so far craig

Seems ok to me, you need a 7 for the bluetooth so 0301713 and yes add 4 for navigation, is that really worth £5? if so please donate...... :)

Mate, i guess if you've never worked it out before and were'nt prepared to try then yes.

I have to say though, having assistance makes all the difference!, i'm off to pick up the cd changer specific glovebox this afternoon so i'll be looking to do the swap tomorrow hopefully, if the bluetooth lead from kufatec and the mic turn up today.

I have never coded anything to a car yet, would it be possible to get your number just in case i need the assistance?

Also, on a side note, if i have DIS already enabled on my car, am i right in thinking i have the correct comfort module to allow fitment of cruise contraol without any hassles?

Thanks again

Graeme

Last edited:
Well, the RNSE is in and coded and all works perfectly, turns out i didnt need to adjust the wiring on the quadlock adapter i had!.

Gotta say a big thanks to S8craig for all the guidance, he even talked me through the final coding step!!, which was a big step for me as it's all new ground this coding and upgrading lark!.

I owe you a beer for that craig, pm me your paypal and i'll send a few beer tokens your way!, it was very good of you to take 5 mins outta your working day to spend helping a guy out!

Graeme

Last edited: