Anyone Used These Guys for Sat Nav fitting?

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobile-Fi...o-/291284353503?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Its for my 2011 Sline A3 BE.

He is offering me a 2012 unit, with the piano black surround, 2014 software and maps, fitted and coded for this price, with an extra £250 for the 2014 bluetooth module (or 220 for the older one), and £150 for cruise control. Hes pretty local to me and offers 12 months warranty on parts and fitting.

I have looked around on here and everywhere else on the web, and there just isn't any concise information about how to fit this oneself and the parts ill need to replace my double din concert unit, so reluctantly have decided to get someone to fit.

And before anyone says, I have emailed the site sponsors who do this, but have not had a reply :) I dont know if you need a certain post amounts before pms are available, but they seem to go through ok.

Any help would be great! cheers y'all

If you have a double din unit already it's not that hard pal you'll probably be able to do it yourself.. If not then it's quite a bit of work dropping the heater Controls down

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobile-Fi...o-/291284353503?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Its for my 2011 Sline A3 BE.

He is offering me a 2012 unit, with the piano black surround, 2014 software and maps, fitted and coded for this price, with an extra £250 for the 2014 bluetooth module (or 220 for the older one), and £150 for cruise control. Hes pretty local to me and offers 12 months warranty on parts and fitting.

I have looked around on here and everywhere else on the web, and there just isn't any concise information about how to fit this oneself and the parts ill need to replace my double din concert unit, so reluctantly have decided to get someone to fit.

And before anyone says, I have emailed the site sponsors who do this, but have not had a reply :) I dont know if you need a certain post amounts before pms are available, but they seem to go through ok.

Any help would be great! cheers y'all

Where you located?

If you have a double din unit already it's not that hard pal you'll probably be able to do it yourself.. If not then it's quite a bit of work dropping the heater Controls down

Thanks buddy, honestly, Ive tried gathering the required information and there is nothing out there regarding switching from a double din concert to the RNS-E. Although confident, I dont particularly want to chance breaking something on the car that has just exhausted my life savings on! :) From looking at it I dont need to move the heater controls.

This is the same as my unit in this vehicle, albeit mine is a quattro manual

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-59-A...0525233?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20edea8d31

Where you located?

Im in SE London Sandra

Reactions: Sandra
Ok there are two site sponsors who can do this. Nhn and ash187. Send them a message to get prices. I will tag them on here. :) x

@Ash187 @NHN

Ive dropped NHM a message on Friday, but no reply...it is the weekend though, so can understand. Thanks for tagging the other dude! Appreciated.

I will text them both for you. :) x

Thats awesome, thanks!

Sent them both a text :) x

I think the actual units will be a straight swap, but there may be problems with the radio reception due to your later aerial set-up. There are lots of threads on the subject.

Cheers dude...There arent really a lot of threads, there are a lot of disorganised thread titles which make it seem like there, trust me ive waived through for hours! but there dosent seem to be anything concise for the double din concert to RNS-E.

Bump

Hes doing the unit fitted for £560, had no replies from anyone, so would this seem like a good price?

You don't need the cage, the air-con unit or extra wires apart from the gps aerial. For convenience and guarantee, probably OK.

Thanks dude, so you are saying this is a complete swap, plug and play (with addition to mounting the GPS aerial)?

Is the facia not different for the RNS-E unit? the concert seems to have a curve at the bottom