Anyone use Thule roof bars on their avant?

ajax1976

Reaction score
I bought a second hand set of bars yesterday and tried fitting them today. I know the 757 is more or less a universal clamp kit for cars with permanent roof rails but when I fitted them today the inner jaw of the clamp doesn't seem to fit very well. The bars clamp down and feel secure but the way the inner jaw only clamps at the top doesn't look right to me.

Is this normal?

There the same as what I have, the outer part of the clamp wraps around the roof rail so once tightened it cannot come off, I've zoomed in on a pic that I had on my phone but quality is a little poor, used them on my Allroad before the A4 and never had any problems.

I always slide the end cap out of the end of the roof bar as it's got a spike on it to stop the foot sliding on the bar, tighten the foot up solid and then slide the end cap/spike back in, if not I've had it where the foot won't slide on the bar and you think it's tight on the roof rail but it's not due to not being able to slide into the correct position on the roof rail. Hope that makes sense !!

Brilliant mate, Know exactly what you mean about it sliding. I'm happy that they clamp tight enough and are secure, just wanted to double check in case I was doing something stupid, had bought the wrong thing or that there was another jaw available that was the specific for A4s.