Anyone use liquid moly?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
I have a s3 2015 with 32k
I was thinking of keeping the valves clean of carbon build up, has anyone used liquid moly valve cleaner, the one that you add to the fuel tank.....or even the fuel cleaner?

Pure Snake Oil
Regular oil changes at 5/6000k / 6 months, with good quality oil will keep everything clean.

There are cars runing over million miles out there in the world which have never touched this stuff.

Regular maintenance is key.

Reactions: AlS3BE and vw754
Valve clean will be a waste of time in direct port injection, most vag cars, as the fuel is injected directly in the cylinders not by the valves so the cleaner won’t touch the valves.
As for injector cleaner you are better off just using a high quality fuel not no frills supermarket stuff.

Reactions: vw754
Valve clean will be a waste of time in direct port injection, most vag cars, as the fuel is injected directly in the cylinders not by the valves so the cleaner won’t touch the valves.
As for injector cleaner you are better off just using a high quality fuel not no frills supermarket stuff.
I use Tesco 99 momentum

I use Tesco 99 momentum

It’s meant to be good stuff, pretty much what I use most of the time.
Not sure about the petrol but in my old tdi I consistently got an extra 30-40 miles out a tank of normal shell diesel compared to Tesco diesel. Shell was only a couple pence more expensive.

I have been using BP ultimate Diesel and I have noticed a power difference between tesco regular diesel and BP ultimate.
I personally think its worth the extra.
I wish Tesco would get some premium diesel, every station has it apart from the supermarkets.

I'm using petrol in my s3 lol

Reactions: pburv
Valve clean will be a waste of time in direct port injection
The EA888 engine used in UK s3s uses dual port injection. In addition to the high pressure injection direct into the cylinder there is low pressure injection into the inlet manifold. So the inlet valves do get sprayed with petrol.

Reactions: vw754 and AlS3BE
The EA888 engine used in UK s3s uses dual port injection. In addition to the high pressure injection direct into the cylinder there is low pressure injection into the inlet manifold. So the inlet valves do get sprayed with petrol.
Wicked.....so I have the E888 engine then in my 15 plate?
So valve cleaner should be good to get?

I have been using BP ultimate Diesel and I have noticed a power difference between tesco regular diesel and BP ultimate.
I personally think its worth the extra.
I wish Tesco would get some premium diesel, every station has it apart from the supermarkets.

What's the Cetane number of the two diesel fuels ?

Wicked.....so I have the E888 engine then in my 15 plate?
So valve cleaner should be good to get?
One of the reasons for introducing dual port injection on the gen3 EA888 was to keep the inlet valves clean. So If you are using decent fuel, which will already have cleaning additives, there should be no need for anything extra. Your money and your choice of course.

Reactions: pburv and vw754
One of the reasons for introducing dual port injection on the gen3 EA888 was to keep the inlet valves clean. So If you are using decent fuel, which will already have cleaning additives, there should be no need for anything extra. Your money and your choice of course.
Ok thanks

They removed port injection on the OPF models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought they went to single port on fl s3

Amazon product
Ok,I'm going order the valve cleaner as a precautionary measure..........I want keep the injectors clean too, is it ok to use a injector cleaner too..or will the valve cleaner do that too ?
No idea if previous owner used cheap fuel or not,just want keep it running sweet.

Dual port was removed in EU when the OPF was introduced in 2018. Prior to that they were dual port, as was the 1.8 EA888 Gen3.

North America was always single port

Don’t know for other markets.

Reactions: AlS3BE and vw754