Anyone tried one of these ?

Should work...
I got a gain of 3 BHP verified on my Mk3 16v (190ish BHP output) so as long as you have a decent cold air feed and air filter, it should give a wee gain.

Ess_Three said:
Should work...
I got a gain of 3 BHP verified on my Mk3 16v (190ish BHP output) so as long as you have a decent cold air feed and air filter, it should give a wee gain.

Hmmmm, not sure i agree ! There is lots of info on TT forum and seat cupra about disastrous results form attempts to flow throttle bodies!

Gains are potentially available in this area, (with some BTs R32 tbs are being fitted now), but general concensus is it can really mess up the lower end if a stock tb is ported...??

I agree...
Mine is ****** awful on very light throttle...kangaroos all over the place!
But..the fact remains, you remove the 'ramps' which alter the airflow at very light openings and you WILL gain power up top.

How much on a car that's using forced induction is anybodies guess...on my NA 2.0 16v it was 3-4 BHP...as it is on a VR6 Corrado...

To do it properly you have to remove the ramps, take the casting out to a knife edge, then smooth the lot out - but not polish it smooth.

But you do have negative side effects low down. Absolutely.