Wanted Anyone tempted to sell their S3 ? I’m looking

BoostingS3

Reaction score
Thought the right people would see this if I put it here.

Looking for an S3 8L, is there anyone that could be tempted to sell or been thinking about it but not got round to it yet?

I’ve got cash waiting for the right one, I’m looking for something as clean as possible with stacks of paperwork and history and will buy on condition over mileage.

Let’s see what you have !
TIA

Reactions: s3mad_dude and Ian W
Oooh for once someone - “condition over mileage!” Mine’s quite high motorway mileage but had it 11 years now and bought it from the original owner with original bill of sale, brochure, price list etc. I was going to sell it last April as I’ve upgraded to an 8V series now but I then actually realised how attached I was to it, so I’ve tucked it away in the garage for now. Having said that, if I was going to sell it, I would definitely advertise it on here to the S3 enthusiasts, so best of luck with the hunt. I’m sure you’ll find a good one eventually.

Last edited:
Oooh for once someone - “condition over mileage!” Mine’s quite high motorway mileage but had it 11 years now and bought it from the original owner with original bill of sale, brochure, price list etc. I was going to sell it last April as I’ve upgraded to an 8V series now but I then actually realised how attached I was to it, so I’ve tucked it away in the garage for now. Having said that, if I was going to sell it, I would definitely advertise it on here to the S3 enthusiasts, so best of luck with the hunt. I’m sure you’ll find a good one eventually.
207k !!! Impressive, I’m guessing the engine is totally standard to reach that sort of mileage ?!

Haha you stalker :) it’s just nibbled on to 208k now! I bought the car on 89k and I had a Revo stage 1 map put on it as soon as I bought it. Around the same time I also installed a Badger 5 TIP and Jetex cone filter but I removed those last summer and reverted the parts back to standard. The car has been maintained well (properly warmed up and cooled down....which translates to ‘I drive like an old fart’) plus as I’ve done motorway miles, the turbo doesn’t exactly work hard (boost not on at 70mph in sixth). I got 175k out of the original clutch and even then when it went, it was the hydraulic setup (master and slave cylinder seals) which were at fault. I replaced the clutch and DMF as it was false economy not to, but it goes to show that if well looked after, these cars will go on for a very long time.

Last edited:
Hi buddy,

A long way away from you I'm guessing...I'm based in the Oxford OX3 postcode area.

My S3 has the common roof rail bubbling and driver's wheel arch showing signs of rust also.

I'm in no immediate rush...I hope to get some underside pic's when the weather improves.

Cheers,

Tim.

Lovely S3 Tim Shame its so far away. Would have been tempted under normal times . Would have been a nice drive back upto Edinburgh

No worries mate,

I won't be advertising it properly until March/April/May time unless I find a replacement I can't refuse before then, plus you might have a different opinion once I've listed all the bad points.

Maybe I'll find a Fiesta ST150 in Scotland, they seem popular up there.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

I'll have my S3 for sale soon if youre interested. Quick write up but silver, 106k miles. Front mount. 3"downpipe and system. 280bhp. BBES CHs. AP coilovers. A lot of paperwork too