1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift Anyone Soundclip new s3 2019?

mve7 Mar 8, 2019

1. mve7

mve7 Active Member

can someone upload a soundclip of the new audi s3 2019 or a link to a video?

I have ordered one and I hope the sound is not too bad

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. X3 M-Sport Glacier Silver

This has been asked a few times mate. I have the new 300ps S3 but I don't have the tech/knowhow to take and upload a sound (to embarrassed to state make/model of my phone). I have stated on other threads it sounds good to me, less hooligan more sophisticated but I am a 50 yr old fart.
    I would have thought the younger tech savvy generation would have done this by now, surprised no one has TBH.

4. JimmyMcGee

JimmyMcGee Member

Here's the best one I could find. I'd still like to hear a few more though:

loftylad, dp_motley and mve7 like this.
  5. mve7

mve7 Active Member

I don’t hear the difference with the other ones or is it just me?
    Like to see one without launch control that we can hear some pops and bangs

6. TYb

TYb Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3

I don’t think that sounds drastically different to my 2017 FL. like you said you won’t get pops or bangs in launch.

The exhaust doesn’t fully open up until you’ve put at least 5k on the clock.

7. loftylad

loftylad Gone but not forgotten.

Agree. I'm (almost) your age. lol.

Only had mine a week, and I've got to say, on the commute to work, I find the noise in Dynamic annoying, and quite tiring in traffic. - I drive to work in "eco"!! When you're wanting a bit of a "play" I quite like it (though it definitely isn't as noisy as the pre WLTP model) I LOVE the urgency of the thing in Dynamic. It's like a totally different car.

Who'd have thunk it...the S3 ...a gentlemen's chariot ! lol

Jcbmally, Paul finch and JimmyMcGee like this.
  8. mve7

mve7 Active Member

So the sound of your s3 is the same as in the video above?

9. loftylad

loftylad Gone but not forgotten.

Obviously, I've not ragged or launched mine yet, but it defo has a deep "burble" when its in Dynamic. I'm sure it will sound exactly like the video.

It's not going to win the hearts of the youngsters who want NOISE, but I like it.

Jcbmally and Paul finch like this.
  10. Paul finch

Paul finch Active Member

I think there's a trend here.Us oldens aren't really bothered about a four cylinder pop/fart/thrrump. An rs3/rs4 might hit the spot though

Jcbmally, loftylad and JimmyMcGee like this.
  11. mve7

mve7 Active Member

Oke happy to hear that! And yea the most youngsters compare the 2.0 liter with a v10 sound and than complaining that the 2.0 isn’t loud enough....

loftylad likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. JimmyMcGee

JimmyMcGee Member

I saw the RS3 was back on my region configurator so I popped in the same options as the S3 I ordered and it was 11k€ extra. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. JimmyMcGee

JimmyMcGee Member

Audi SQ2 has the same engine as the S3. Same exhaust system? The tailpipes look a bit larger to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: