AnyOne Sorted rear led brake light bulbs warning.

hollows wife

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to sort the bulb error warning for the later 2010 onwards cent elec controller . the 2009 and below was easy as cold diagnostics could be turned off and led rear bulbs used .

been trying it on the newer controller which to an extent works except for if the brake lights are on for more than approx 5 seconds . then right rear brake light warning appears . so i fitted ballast resisitors . to both of the rear brake lights on the outer cluster (sportback) this only makes it worse get both left and right warning and also get open circuit error then lights turn off .

had to revert back to the old bulbs for now but i think it spoils the rear lights the led look so much clearer and respond alot quicker .

Not sure if it's any help but I recently changes my bulbs to led and they came on for a few seconds and went off, so I got smd led error free bulbs and they seem fine with no errors either...

cheers welshy , what year is your a3 though as older ones arent affected as muchas the newer ones , the bulb checking is far more sensetive , also do you have a link to the bulbs you used as the ones i had fitted where canbus and even 25w load resistors wouldnt stop the error , has to do with the pwm management . seems like theres a fix for the mk6 golf by changing the coding in the cent elec module , but dont think anyone has a fix for the a3 yet .
so a link to the canbus smd would be helpful .

Mine is 57 but it's 2008 on the logbook but I know the smd led should be fine for all the lights but I need hids for the headlights which they come with some module box and connectors like a plug and play, I've not got these at the moment I just found the bulb I needed which I found (e.g h7) on the bulb and looked up h7 smd led error code free bulb, if that does not work I'm as clueless as you sorry!

hi , the older a3 work fine with just the cold bulb check turned off , the newer 2010 onwards are very sensitive . even the 2009 face lift i had accepted leds bulbs all around the car np ,no ballast resistors required except on fog lights .

think il have to head over to the german audi forum see if anyone has cracked the ce coding .

Ahh I see! If theres a will there's a way! Good luck and again sorry I could help!.....