Anyone sold their cars on Ebay?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
Did you get a good price? Did you have any problems?

:)

I have tried a couple of times before, but never actually sold one.

On both occasions they didnt get to the reserve price.

I sold my old A3 on eBay after advertising it for 6 weeks on Autotrader, Pistonheads, here & facebook.

The guy who bought it had seen it on PH and got it about £300 cheaper than I had advertised it for but I already had my s3 and I just needed it gone.

Ebay then bummed me for £50 - £100. But with in 3 days of it being on ebay it was sold.

And no dodgy Nigerians trying to pay my cheque and get a 'logistics company' to pick it up and fill it with drugs while it's still registered in my name

I had a guy come and pick up a car he'd won from me on ebay. Came over spent a good 45 mins to an hour looking over the car and he was more than happy with it. When he got home he then proceeded to feedback blackmail me to give him some money back because he'd found out the spare was near the legal limit of all things !!!!

i have sold my last 3 cars on ebay . you have to be very honest if its got a problem no matter how trivial you think it is put it in the add honesty realy is the best policy take some quality pictures in a nice setting i always go to my local park . take photos of any knock or bumps put them in the add so when they come to view it they cant say they never knew about something give them no reason to ask you to drop the price . also put in the add that the price they agree is the price they pay hence the reason you should not hide anything . i always service and repair my own cars and keep every single receipt with the date and milage that the repair /service was carried out also make sure the car is spotless a couple of hours hard graft will see to that dont expect people to believe you look after it mechanically if you cant be bothered to clean it for sale . i have never had to readvertise any so i must be doing something right . but the most important thing is to get the price right if its too expensive you dont stand a chance having said that if its too cheap they think there is something wrong with it so try to get an happy medium when it comes to price

I tried to sell my fathers Audi 90 a few years ago. It didn't sell, but one of the watchers contacted me and took it off his hands for the reserve price. I've been successful at selling my last two cars on Autotrader online.

I sold my previous car (Vauxall Corsa) on eBay, It did not go for my asking price of £8,000 it went for £6,800 I left it a couple of days and i had 3 people contact me afterwards asking if it was still available. I said yes and they made offers of around the £7,500 mark. One chap from wales came up to Birmingham and saw it gave it the once over took it out for a drive and paid me £8,000 in cash no problems! :) he is now a happy owner of a Vauxhall Corsa and up until Thursday I was a sad owner of nothing but now i'm a happy owner of an Audi A3 :)

This was my previous car:
EduTech_Car_04.JPG

James.

I had my old 206cc on there , had alot of interest but no on brought it
Had over 50 watchers and god knows how many messages especially " would you like a swap " or " would you send it to the other side of the world and I'll pay you lots more "

I've advertised two on there in the past and always said listed elsewhere.

Both times people have contacted me and deals have been done offline ;-)

It slipped my mind. I sold my wifes 306 on there last year. We didn't get what we wanted for it. But that was mainly down to the fact that it required £500 worth of work in order for it to pass the MOT. There was no problems with the purchase, the guy came along checked it over, said it was a nice car and couldn't believe it went so cheap, then caughed up the cash and left with it.

His intention was to make it road worthy, stick it on his forecourt and make a tiny profit. Not sure if he has sold it yet.

i sold my bought back - written off Ford focus on gumtree, not ebay yes but still not bad as you can advertise all over the country for free. had it up for £1800 and it sold for £1750!

Sold a 52 plate corsa, lesson I learnt was that on Ebay you have to list all the bad points, no matter how small. Winning bidder knocked off a few pounds because of that.

Best thing to do is just list your car as a classified add on ebay and not as an auction or offer listing.

This way you dont pay final value fees and avoid the hassle of some clown not paying you, or trying to blackmail you.

At least then you get the publicity of ebay without the risk.