Anyone see CarPlay this morning?

Looks good.

But I think it's wrong of car manufacturers to force a particular mobile OS on the consumers that buy their cars. Some people might not want an Apple based system, some people won't want an Android system. And how will an Android device interact with a car with CarPlay and how will an iPhone work with an Audi system based on Android?

I hope the car manufacturers think about this.

Last edited:
im glad it's not coming to Audi. I am not an Apple user and support open standards (which we have already). The last thing I need is my dash running software that requires other iCrap hardware to take full advantage of.

While i'd love open-source ECUs and ICE systems, that aint gonna happen. But we can at least try and save compatability and interoperability a bit and be pragmatic.

</rant>

Looks good.

But I think it's wrong of car manufacturers to force a particular mobile OS on the consumers that buy their cars. Some people might not want an Apple based system, some people won't want an Android system. And how will an Android device interact with a car with CarPlay and how will an iPhone work with an Audi system based on Android?

I hope the car manufacturers think about this.

Very good point, I think there should be a option when you buy a car from Audi as to what OS you'd like in it and from second-hand users they can easily buy a DVD with their preferred OS... Actually, screw buying a DVD - it's actually ridiculous in these times, that we still have to go on updating the MMI with DVDs, modern cars should connect to wifi when you're at home and download the latest software update.

Reactions: BEII NJA