Anyone running sport downpipe with no mount insert

Marshy

Settled in
Reaction score
As the title really is anyone running a 3" downpipe with fitting a lower mount insert?
I fitted the powerflex yellow one the other day and now done 150 miles hoping it would bed in but its unbearable.
Best way of describing it is the car feels like its got a misfire up to about 3k!
The manoeuvring part with extra vibration I expected but not on the move.
I've tried various tightening torques which made little difference so I think I'm going to remove it and try running my downpipe without one.
Anyone any suggestions?

I ran mine for about 25k with no insert. Milltek cracked once early on due to excessive engine movement.

We all know it's a common problem so welded it, ends up stronger than before if done properly. So continued with no insert for 15k with no problems.

Then I felt like modding for the hell of it, so got a mount. Don't experience your miss fire scenario. Just the manoeuvring vibes.

Thanks for your input.
Really don't understand why its so bad as I've ran inserts in other tfsi cars I've had!
Going to remove it today.

I did wonder if the misfire feel was vibration from my dmf?
I've got a new one but haven't bought a Sachs clutch yet as funds haven't recovered yet.

Last edited:
That's really odd as I've just fitted the same myself this week, powerflex yellow as Ive just bought a BCS downpipe and it will be going on shortly.

There's defo extra vibration there on startup, pulling away briefly and a little increase at high revs but nothing that bad that it would warrant taking it out, shifting for me is considerably better too.

Think my flywheels about knackered which is probably causing the extra vibration.
Once funds recover I'm going to replace my flywheel and fit a Sachs clutch then I'll add the insert again.

Had one in mine for about 150 miles, couldn't stand it
Any longer :L ! Take it out the car will feel soo smooth lol

i have the purple one. and didn't notice that much of a difference...well definitely after fitting smf.

Had one in mine for about 150 miles, couldn't stand it
Any longer :L ! Take it out the car will feel soo smooth lol