Facelift Anyone running MPS4S tyres on the FL square setup?

Callump01

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running Michellin PS4S tyres on the facelift square 235/35/19 setup? I've heard these tyres have issues with setting off the traction control light but from what I can see on previous threads it seems to only be on the staggered setup which I don't have.

I'm in need of 4 new tyres and hopeful that I can swap to the very hyped michellins at £600 from black circles! Really didn't rate how quickly the OE Pirellis have worn.

Cheers

Callum

Yes I'm running them with that size all around and no issues. I always turn the traction control to Sport when driving spirited anyway and then works fine.

Reactions: Deep penetrator and Callump01
Yes I'm running them with that size all around and no issues. I always turn the traction control to Sport when driving spirited anyway and then works fine.

I never turn the traction control to sport in all honesty because I am not completely clued in on exactly what it does, will it send more power to the rear like the PFL? I should imagine if any TC issues were to come up then they wouldn't for you due to it being set to sport.

Might just bite the bullet and see how they go!

How much mileage you get out of the Pirelli’s

I'm at 9200 miles at the moment and the fronts have worn very uneven despite correct pressures maintained, the outsides are near bare but the insides are OK. The rears are still perfectly okay though.

Michellins are supposed to last twice as long, or more, than the OE Pirellis hence my interest in switching to them.

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Checked my tyres yesterday which are getting on for 10,000 miles old. Loads of tread left and evenly wearing.

Reactions: Deep penetrator
My MPSS were still going strong after 30k miles.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Callump01
I'm running Michelins all round on the FL staggered setup. I really like them. They give the car a much more purposeful look, give superb grip and should last a while longer.

I have noticed more tyre noise at 35ish mph but this does disappear at higher speeds. The PS4S do not have the noise reduction foam inserts similar to the Pirelli.

No rubbing or TC issues to date.

Reactions: Callump01
I'm running Michelins all round on the FL staggered setup. I really like them. They give the car a much more purposeful look, give superb grip and should last a while longer.

I have noticed more tyre noise at 35ish mph but this does disappear at higher speeds. The PS4S do not have the noise reduction foam inserts similar to the Pirelli.

No rubbing or TC issues to date.

Sold! Just ordered 4.

How’s the rim protection in comparison to the Pirellis mate?