Anyone running Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5's?

Oreo5000

Reaction score
It's new tyre time (another tyre thread, I know.. I'm sorry!) for my 18" Black Edition wheels.

Black Circles have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 for £89.40 a corner, with £40 off if you order 4.
I noticed they also now stock the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 for £86.23 and £25 off when you order all 4.

I've heard good things about the Asymmetric 3's but havent really heard anything about the new 5's. Are any of you guys running them, and if so what are your thoughts so far?

Thanks in advance

A friend of mine swears by the Asy 3, he has used them on his cars for years. Refuses to put anything else on.

Reactions: Kayobong and Oreo5000
I am putting on ASY5 on in a couple of months.
They will replace my MPS4 which are a good tyre but where i live with warmer summers than the UK find they 'smear' too much across hot tarmac,. In all other conditions very impressive road tyre.
I run 18s so cant try the MPS4S even though I think in the US you can get them in 18s, did think about putting Cup2 on just for a laugh over summer,

I am in the same boat, i need new tyres, but whatever i get i want to make sure i have good rim protection. But not sure if this is standard or does it depend what manufacturer i use.

I am in the same boat, i need new tyres, but whatever i get i want to make sure i have good rim protection. But not sure if this is standard or does it depend what manufacturer i use.
I don't think anything can beat the P-Zero's here. But I'd be looking at £130+ difference over going with PS4 or F1's.

I am putting on ASY5 on in a couple of months.
They will replace my MPS4 which are a good tyre but where i live with warmer summers than the UK find they 'smear' too much across hot tarmac,. In all other conditions very impressive road tyre.
I run 18s so cant try the MPS4S even though I think in the US you can get them in 18s, did think about putting Cup2 on just for a laugh over summer,
Thanks for the info, so just out of interest if you were in the UK would you still be switching or replace with MPS4 again?

I ordered the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports and received the Asymmetric 5’s by mistake.
6a4a19019cfe930822e7eb992c01efb8.jpg

Eventually got the Supersports elsewhere

Will be fitting them this week

6e8e39c9ef99f0812df9a79659ad32eb.jpg

Goodyear Supersports vs OEM R02 Pirelli
fc7649fe84f5fe0188fe838ae02d6579.jpg

Reactions: NevMan
Yep would still be switching as unless you try a tyre with the way you drive you will never know.
I used to run Eagle F1s in my hot hatch days and used to be astounded with the liberties you could take, that was pure emotional tosh I reckon but any modern tyre is going to be pretty much spot on. I just drive regularly in 50deg+ tarmac temps and on high speed corners MPS4 just struggle with it, not unexpected per se given their slightly more road bias.
I pay no attention to rim protection.

p.s. now I have seen the supersport in 18s might give them a go, it is summer time after all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Oreo5000
I ordered the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports and received the Asymmetric 5’s by mistake.
6a4a19019cfe930822e7eb992c01efb8.jpg

Eventually got the Supersports elsewhere

Will be fitting them this week

6e8e39c9ef99f0812df9a79659ad32eb.jpg

Goodyear Supersports vs OEM R02 Pirelli
fc7649fe84f5fe0188fe838ae02d6579.jpg
Are those new from Goodyear? Why those over Asy 3/5 or MPS4's if you dont mind me asking?

Are those new from Goodyear? Why those over Asy 3/5 or MPS4's if you dont mind me asking?

Had Asymmetric 3’s on a PFL RS3 and really liked them.

Was going to go the same route when I read last year that Goodyear we’re releasing an Eagle F1 Supersport in Feb/March 19, so thought I’d wait and give them a go.

MPS4S have caused some RS3 owners issues and I like to try something different to see if it’s better/worse etc.

Had Asymmetric 3’s on a PFL RS3 and really liked them.

Was going to go the same route when I read last year that Goodyear we’re releasing an Eagle F1 Supersport in Feb/March 19, so thought I’d wait and give them a go.

MPS4S have caused some RS3 owners issues and I like to try something different to see if it’s better/worse etc.
I think the Asymmetric 5's are new also, do you know how they compare? I'm guessing they're all too new for real world results at this stage..

Would be nice to see picture of rim protection on good years please if anyone has one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice to see picture of rim protection on good years please if anyone has one

This was the 255 /30 /19 Asymmetric 3 on 8.5 j front RS3 alloy

198b6aa8abea697494f3540c0b79f457.jpg

c4724a834e7f4f975d35b64d71c3c7bc.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and luke1980
It's new tyre time (another tyre thread, I know.. I'm sorry!) for my 18" Black Edition wheels.

Black Circles have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 for £89.40 a corner, with £40 off if you order 4.
I noticed they also now stock the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 for £86.23 and £25 off when you order all 4.

I've heard good things about the Asymmetric 3's but havent really heard anything about the new 5's. Are any of you guys running them, and if so what are your thoughts so far?

Thanks in advance

How are you getting that price? Black Circles is showing me £101 for Asy5s on standard S3 18"s. What size are you seeing £86? Or is that unfitted?

Unfitted, sorry I should have stated.

That's fine - I was just hoping it was fitted as I am in the need for new tyres. I love my Asy 3s but looking to save a bit of money since I need all 4 replacing. I'm tempted with Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 as they are rated and reviewed similar to the Asy3 but I would like to hear more opinions first

I had never heard of the Asymmetric 5 before reading this thread, believing 3 was the newest.....so what happened to the Asymmetric 4?

..so what happened to the Asymmetric 4?

That’s what I was thinking.
It’s like manufacturers can’t count anymore.
iPhone 7,8 then 10(x)
Windows 7,8 then 10 as well

Reactions: NevMan, Ron240 and Oreo5000
This might be useful -

5's it is then, thanks for that!

Shame none of the alternatives look as good as the P-Zero's, or have as large of an overhang for rim protection ..if you're into that sort of thing.

I've been debating whether to bite the bullet on getting the Goodyear Asy 5's over the 3's as I'm due to get new tyres soon. But they seem too new to really be able to compare them. Might just get the Asy 3's this year then next year go for the 5's if reviews turn out good.

Talk about being cautious .

They would be an evolutionary improvement , go for it !

Reactions: CHEZ, NevMan and Oreo5000
Makes sense to go with the 5's especially based on that video review above @FR4NC15
I'd like to know how the 5's (or 3's for that matter) compare to Pilot Sport 4's (18") if anyone has experience both?

Reactions: NevMan and FR4NC15
FWIW I used to have the G ASY3 on my Scooby and found them the best all round tyre and pretty quiet too (after Dunlop Sport S) and they lasted a fair while too despite "enthusiastic" use.
That said Audi Aberdeen fitted 4 new Yoko Advan 105S to my S3 pre-delivery and they seem good so far. Again, very quiet running apart from on "concrete" motorways and the rim protection looks pretty good too. Grip in the dry is excellent - hasn't rained since purchase !

I need to bite the bullet and going to order some of the 5's! I think cheapest price way is black circle and then get ATS to fit them.

I just hope they don't mark the alloys when they change em

527a7b50808e399d31dcb96fc364e40d.jpg
239963a58e81c674630010d39af26d1b.jpg
2da5cfc8cb2dfe9b44c5b4a6b1dbff7f.jpg

The wheels need a dam good clean ! But there on . Never believe the measurement that Audi tell you on their video. Lots of tread left and that was even after 2 months of them saying they needed replacing.

Reactions: AlS3BE and NevMan
527a7b50808e399d31dcb96fc364e40d.jpg
239963a58e81c674630010d39af26d1b.jpg
2da5cfc8cb2dfe9b44c5b4a6b1dbff7f.jpg

The wheels need a dam good clean ! But there on . Never believe the measurement that Audi tell you on their video. Lots of tread left and that was even after 2 months of them saying they needed replacing.

Rim protector looks as good as the Pirellis. Let us know how you get on with them.

Great amount or rim protection. Looks more than the 3’s.

Just ordered 2 of these for the rears(the ASY 3's on fronts are not that old)

Love the rim protection and the grip of the Asy 3's, so i thought i might as well try the newer modal of them

Being fitted by Etyres on Thursday

Just got these fitted as they were only £94 fitted on black circles. Will report back after some use! What I will say is that there is hardly any rim protection!

Just got these fitted as they were only £94 fitted on black circles.
What I will say is that there is hardly any rim protection!
That's a good price....and the benefit of having 18" wheels compared with 19"
The latter are £142 each on Blackcircles.
Strange what you say about the lack of rim protection, because from the photos above there seems to be very good protection.

Reactions: ohmyaudi
That's a good price....and the benefit of having 18" wheels compared with 19"
The latter are £142 each on Blackcircles.
Strange what you say about the lack of rim protection, because from the photos above there seems to be very good protection.
Here's a pic of the rim protection

Attachments

• 15586329362534330617029847092817.jpg
    15586329362534330617029847092817.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,265
I wonder if it relates to wheel diameter? Previous photos which seemed to show good rim protection were 18 inch, not the 19 inch in ohmyaudi’s pics.

Mine are 18s mate

Looks like the 3’s have more rim protection then.

Trying to find one ASY 3 in an 18” was really hard. Plenty of 5’s on tyre shopper and black circles. My local national tyre had one in the warehouse. Rare as rocking horse sh1t!