Anyone running 20" alloys on their A6 ??

seasidestevo

Reaction score
hi,

i drive a 2010 a6 le mans with the standard 19" twin spoke alloys and 255 x 35 x 19 tyres

i've bought a set of 20" alloys - tyres are currently 245 x 45 x 20 and a lot bigger in circumference when i stand them next to my standard ones.

What tyre sizes are you running on 20" alloys ??

i've done a quick online check and putting 30's on will give the same circumference as standard.

Cheers!
Stevo

Hello!

I use 20” with 245/35r20 tyres on my 2006 c6 avant. S8 wheels et46

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

:icon thumright: thanks for the reply
i don't want them to look lost if i put 30's on if 35 will fit under the arches

What on earth is this bigger is better culture all about ?

Reactions: foursprungdugtechnique
i'm 6'5" tall, bigger is better ha ha
not saying its better, i prefer the look of the bigger wheels, each to their own mate

6'5" peeps stoop because of low door ways .

Just one up to many downsides .

19" + low profile , not fit for purpose on Britain's broken roads .

Reactions: Roadrunner146 and daytonamart
Thanks for your input, not really answered my question though

There are a couple of good sites like wheel-sizes.com and wheelfitment.eu for checking factory sizes of cars. A 2010 is shown as using 255/30. A 30 profile tyre will look fine

WesT - the ones i bought are off a later A6 Avant with 45's on but the wheel arch must be a lot bigger - i put them to the side of mine and looked massive in comparison, was hoping 35's would be ok

What are your OEM sizes. Give me the offset of a OEM rim and tyres and the offset for the new rim and tyres size and I’ll see how far your speedo will be out. /45 might be pushing it especially with 20” in terms of clearance in the arches.

The rolling radius between the stock 19’s and the tyre size I’ve suggested are the same. The speedo won’t be out.

wheels i've bought are e8jx20h2 et25

i've had a check and if i put 30's on the rolling circumference is the same as my standard 19's with 35' on.

was hoping to put 35's on the 20" - the 45's currently on deffo are too big to fit under the c6 a6 arches

i know the speedo will be slightly out but only minimal and of no notice

I’m still trying to sort out why my 19in wheel is scraping the rear fender liner. I can only imagine the issues that 20s would cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still trying to sort out why my 19in wheel is scraping the rear fender liner. I can only imagine the issues that 20s would cause.

There is no correlation. A 20" wheel and tyre is the same size as a 19" wheel and tyre combo. The width and offset are far more relevant.

Are you rubbing on both sides or on one? What size tyres? What suspension?

There is no correlation. A 20" wheel and tyre is the same size as a 19" wheel and tyre combo. The width and offset are far more relevant.

Are you rubbing on both sides or on one? What size tyres? What suspension?

I’m only rubbing on the right rear wheel. Running H&R springs with 255/35/19s and 19x5x8.5 et 38 wheels. Seems that the right rear side sits slightly lower than the left.
b612d64e19bcf1743969b51a26c662e0.heic

You may have the same problem as me. Look down on your rear wheels from above and see whether you think the wheel that rubs is sticking out further from the bodywork than the one that doesn't

You may have the same problem as me. Look down on your rear wheels from above and see whether you think the wheel that rubs is sticking out further from the bodywork than the one that doesn't

Yes, the side that rubs sticks out slightly more than the other side. The shop said that it’s because the fuel tank fill pipe is on that side.

Yes, the side that rubs sticks out slightly more than the other side. The shop said that it’s because the fuel tank fill pipe is on that side.

The shop are wrong. On my car it is the opposite side that sticks out further. I have an active thread about the subject at the moment. B5NUT confirms that the rear subframe is adjustable so it can be rectified

Excellent info. I’ll jump onto your thread and let you know if I resolve.

To the OP, apologies for hijacking your thread.

wheels i've bought are e8jx20h2 et25

i've had a check and if i put 30's on the rolling circumference is the same as my standard 19's with 35' on.

was hoping to put 35's on the 20" - the 45's currently on deffo are too big to fit under the c6 a6 arches

i know the speedo will be slightly out but only minimal and of no notice

Edit: it’s the other way round. It’ll be further out.

Can you give the OEM wheel figment so we can calculate the difference and see how far it will poke.

Last edited:
Other way around , ET25 is further away from the strut / more wheel arch poke .

Reactions: WesT-gefül