Anyone running 19" 8.5J ET43 Alloys or similar?

AndyParker

Reaction score
As per the title is anyone running 19" 8.5J ET43 alloys on their pre facelift, what tyres are you using and are you rub free?

I've acquired a set of these and fitted them today but there is rubbing even at c30mph.

I'm on the standard suspension set up and need to take out the arch liner screw which I'll do tomorrow and see how that improves things.

The tyres are what came with the wheels are 255/35/19 which I know are going to be too big!

I'm assuming something like a 215 or 225 tyre is going to be required but before shelling out for a new set of tyres I wanted to see if anyone was running these alloys without any rubbing issues and if so then on what tyres?

Thanks

AP

I think the widest you'd get away with is 245,but even then you're going to have to resort to negative camber to make it work.

Thanks Alex

I know I need to go smaller as 255 was always going to be too big. Guess I am just looking for reassurance that if I go and get some 215's or 225's then I can make it work without rubbing

i'm on 19x8.5 et45 with 1.5 camber all round and 235/35 tyres. no rubbing on the road (even with 5 up) but slight rubbing on the arch liner when flogging it around the track...

Thanks @guile

Are you on standard suspension?

Have taken the arch lining screws and it is slightly better this morning.

Really in two minds now whether to keep the wheels on some 215s/225s tyres or to move them on and revert to something with a smaller width.

You should be fine with 225's. My last s3 was lowered on h&r springs and the rear just caught occasionally when I had 235's on. Swapped them to 225 and never caught again, even with people in the back.

Yeah about that. Think the springs were 25 front and 20 rear if I remember correctly. Different tyres may be different due to the shape of the outer edge but I had Toyo t1 sports and then goodyear eagle f1s. Neither of which caught.

I'm running 19x8.5 et42. 225/35 tyres. lowered on h&r 30mm. No rubbing whatsoever, even with four people in, and the dog in the boot! lol

Thanks @JayMc that's pretty reassuring!

Have you got a photo of what the stretch looks like you could share? What brand tyres are you running? Are you in an S3 or A3 (just thinking about the lowering)?

I've only got a miniature dachshund so he shouldn't be a problem!

I'm running 19x8.5 et42. 225/35 tyres. lowered on h&r 30mm. No rubbing whatsoever, even with four people in, and the dog in the boot! lol

Do you have any pics of the stretch on 8.5" rims please?

Shine1
I'm on 19x8.5 ET45 and not rubbing with coilovers wound right down. I'm using a 225/35 tyre. This pic is with 10mm spacers (changes it to ET35) for shows

Thanks @JayMc that's pretty reassuring!

Have you got a photo of what the stretch looks like you could share? What brand tyres are you running? Are you in an S3 or A3 (just thinking about the lowering)?

I've only got a miniature dachshund so he shouldn't be a problem!

I've got a a3 sport 05,so 30mm lower than standard sport suspension. Nexen n-fuera tyres. I'm not really a fan of 'stretch' but am happy enough with how the 225 sit on a 8.5j rim. I wanted a 45 offset but couldn't find the wheels i wanted in that offset so took a bit of a gamble with 42. They fit fine. Ill try and post a pic later.

Awesome @JayMc thanks so much for your help!

I'll get some tyres on order and get these wheels fitted!

Probably need lowering after that... Haha

Set of Eagle F1's ordered and booked in to be fitted Thursday AM - let you know how it goes

Here we go - fresh back from the garage.

Drove it for 45mins to work and no rubbing which is great news!

The Eagle F1s don't appear to have too much stretch so quite pleased with them.

Think coilovers are next on the list after its service and new thermostat in a couple of weeks.

Thank you all for your help.

Reactions: GGG_666 and JayMc