Hi Mark, I fitted bi-xenon projectors on my B7 in the dipped beam position and partnered them with some 100 w 5000K colour matched halogens in the high beam position. The light output was a significant improvement in dipped beam and dramatically so in high beam.
Didn’t think the job was too bad to do, prob easier than I expected to be honest. @t8ups
( emtuning ) provided the full kit as I wanted, the price was quite reasonable.
I basically followed this video as a guide :
If I could add a couple of tips;
* Give the headlamp unit a good clean to get rid of all bits of debris and dirt PRIOR to starting to strip them apart - just help to keep things clean !
* Wearing a pair of those cotton gloves would help with cleanliness and stray fingermarks !
* As you prize the lense off the housing, as soon as I could get inthrough the small gap, I cut through the butyl mastic with a sharp blade to prevent stringy bits of butyl going inside the lamp
* Avoid touching or getting anything on the reflective plated bits as much as possible - its really delicate and comes off easily, I got i tiny bit of butyl on ( fortunately ) an inconspicuous part of the reflector and in trying to clean it off, removed the plating in that area !
* Before replacing the clear lense, pop the headlight back into the car to ensure the horizontal alignment of the beam pattern is correct before shutting the headlamp unit back up.
Have a chat with Trups, I'm sure he can advise the best way forward, or alternatively, iirc, he can do the complete job for you, if you didnt fancy tackling it yourself.
If I can be anymore help, just let me know.