1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone replaced the battery in their B9 key?

NickGun Jan 25, 2018

1. NickGun

NickGun Active Member Team V6 TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic

As per title just wondering if any other B9 owners have had to replace their key battery yet?

Our main use key is suddenly and constantly pinging up that battery needs replacing on the DIS and wanted to find out if it's a dealer only option or can I get a 3rd party company to do it? Or even better something I can easily sort myself?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. 007dan91

007dan91 Member

It should be straight forward for you to do yourself. Video below shows how to remove it.

NickGun likes this.
  4. ahm

ahm Member

Yes, really simple, did it last week. CR 2032 battery, as per the video above, done!

NickGun likes this.
  5. NickGun

NickGun Active Member Team V6 TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic

Awesome, thanks - couldn't face another trip to dealers as was only serviced 2 weeks ago and predictably key wasn't showing battery replacement then.

6. 007dan91

007dan91 Member

How long has your battery lasted? I’ve had my car for near enough a year now and for now the key is still going.

7. NickGun

We've had our B9 for just over 20months, think 18months or so is average for battery to last.

Our other key shouldn't need its battery replacing as I had the misfortune of losing one and had to order one from Audi in November (expensive too - ouch) hence why both sets now sport those Tile trackers.

8. RaZ A4

RaZ A4 RaZ A4 Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Manual

Main key battery lasted 17 months and did it myself bought two Panasonic batteries for £3. Still waiting on spare key telling me to replace battery.

9. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark Active Member Team Scuba Audi A4

My spare's in an RFID pouch in a drawer and rarely gets used so I just swapped that one at the same time my main key flashed up as needing doing. Never know when you might need it and Murphy's Law states that that spare battery you kept to one side is now impossible to find :yes:

10. 007dan91

007dan91 Member

so I have around 6 months left with mine, don't need to worry yet :)